Corsair Community

H115i Pro, fans running different speeds

Goodman

Hi. I just got installed this AIO and LINK reports different speeds for the two fans. One is running ~700 while the other is running ~400. I selected Quiet profile and checked the settings to be sure. Any ideas what might be the cause?

If is set both fans to Zero RPM, fan #2 shows 0 rpm while fan #1 still runs at ~700. In addition it does not consistently react to changing profiles.

Yes, it had a familiar ring to it. If you check out the Link section of the forum, you will find some similar experiences through several different threads. This appears to be a specific issue with the two PRO series coolers and Link 4.9.6.xx only. If you were successfully running Link on 4.9.5.19 before this, the simple fix is to uninstall and roll back to the prior version.

However, most people have zero control at all (like the pump is frozen in time) and what you are describing reads a bit more like of some additional issues I found after rolling back. Ultimately, I was able to successfully reinstall 4.9.6 with some house cleaning.

1) Whether you are going to go for 4.9.5 or try 4.9.6 again, go to your C:ProgramData/CLINK4 folder and make a copy to the desktop or other safe back up location. ProgramData is a hidden folder in Windows 10, so you may need to enable that option in the settings to see it. This is all of your created profiles, so if you had a Link cooler before or have been busy making new ones, you want to protect them.

2) Uninstall the program using standard means (Windows OS app uninstall).

3) Right click the Windows shield and select Device Manager in the drop down menu. Universal Serial Bus Controllers should be at the bottom of the list. Expand it. Find Corsair USBXp Driver. Right click and select "Uninstall Device". Not doing this probably was key to my early difficulties and continued troubles even after rolling back.

4) Reboot the machine.

5) Install whichever Link version you prefer.

6) Cross your fingers if you picked 4.9.6. The problem is not quite isolated and we are mostly working off combined theories. I was able to get it stable for 24 hours, but then jumped on iCue the next day. I additionally set my pump LED light to a single static color (saved to the device) before the clean and reinstall process. Again, overlapping theories about the source of the issue. Things are working quite well on iCue/CUE 3.0 with some advantages for recent board owners. A lot of the extra junk has been cleaned out and the side bar monitoring tab is rather handy.

• 5 months later...
Hi. I just got installed this AIO and LINK reports different speeds for the two fans. One is running ~700 while the other is running ~400. I selected Quiet profile and checked the settings to be sure. Any ideas what might be the cause?

If is set both fans to Zero RPM, fan #2 shows 0 rpm while fan #1 still runs at ~700. In addition it does not consistently react to changing profiles.

Had the same problem. What I did was disconnecting the fan from the fan with the full speed and connected it again and it worked. Later when I had to remove the back side and put it on again....guess what...same problem again. Off with the back side and then the fan got back to "normal" again. Now it seems to work okay. There must be a problem with the fan connectors from the radiator. That's not normal. Very sensitive when connecting and touching the fan connector. So try this. While in windows and cue software open in H115i PRO, unplug the fan connector with the high speed and plug it in again and you will see it works.

• 2 months later...
Hello i am having the same issue can anyone help pls i try the new link n the new ICUE n still having the same problem where the fans run a different rpms about 10rpm apart PLSS HELPP

A) Not the same problem as in this thread.

B) A difference of 10 RPM isn't an issue but normal variability in the fans. It's not an issue.

A) Not the same problem as in this thread.

B) A difference of 10 RPM isn't an issue but normal variability in the fans. It's not an issue.

System Specs Update but they should run both at the same rpm? n sometimes one starts spinning first then the other one :bigeyes:

System Specs Update but they should run both at the same rpm? n sometimes one starts spinning first then the other one :bigeyes:

A difference of 10RPM is essentially the same. They will rarely be exactly the same. Nothing you've said strikes me as unusual in the least.

Archived