Corsair Community

H60 2018 Pump Rattling Noise

Il_Mighi

Hello,

Just replaced my H50 after almost 10 years of service and bought the new H60 2018.

I'm hearing a rattling noise, not very loud but I can definitely hear it over the 6 vents of my case.

If i lay the case on the side, the noise will disappear. I believe it's some air in the pump. I tried to move the case in other positions hoping to make the noise go away with no luck.

It has only a few hours of operation, it is normal for a brand new cooler and it's going to cease?

Maybe taking out the cpu part of the cooler and moving it around while running (bypassing the motherboard of course) could help but i don't want to replace the new stock thermal paste.

Thank you in advance for the help.

• Corsair Employee
This can happen due to various reasons. It could be the fan causing the case to rattle a little bit or it could be the pump. If you temporary stop the fan, do you still hear the rattling? It typically goes away after several uses. However, if it seems to get noticeably louder over the next couple of days, I would be concerned. I would request an exchange at that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for my english.

I am in the same situation, the pump of my Hydro H60 is making noise over the other fans.

The pump is running around 4000 rpm and whatever I do the speed never decreases.

4000 rpm seems to be a normal speed.

I have to other older PCs with also a CORSAIR pump and there is no noise.

I would like an exchange for this HYDRO H60, I guess there is an issue.

Regards.

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

Sorry for my english.

I am in the same situation, the pump of my Hydro H60 is making noise over the other fans.

The pump is running around 4000 rpm and whatever I do the speed never decreases.

4000 rpm seems to be a normal speed.

I have to other older PCs with also a CORSAIR pump and there is no noise.

I would like an exchange for this HYDRO H60, I guess there is an issue.

Regards.

That's odd, was the unit recently purchased? Are you able to hook up the cooler into the other system and see if you get the same results? If so, I would advise reaching out to the vendor you've purchased it from and request an exchange. If you're unable to exchange it, open up a support ticket - here

Archived