Corsair Community

Corsair Void Wireless Battery Dying

vexed

Hello all,

Back in Feb of this year i made a thread regarding the battery of my void wireless (non pro) being an issue and only charging to the low 90% region and since then the battery is now only last 3-4hours before it has to be charged again which is defeating the purpose of the headset being wireless. In feb i was wondering if this was an issue with a driver or software but clearly this is just the batteries being duds and are now in the process of dying.

What are the options for this other than to RMA the headset and having the hassle without the headset for a week + while its ships there and back. i've had to rma numerous corsair products like m90,psu's, h80i and headsets(v2000's x3) over the years at my own additional expense. which for a one off rma it wouldn't bother me but so far the majority of the corsair products i've owned I've had to at least rma once or twice and its mounting up to maybe i should choose another brand in future.

P.s i've had the LED's turned off the headsets entire life to extend the battery life as much as i can which clearly has not worked :laughing:

Original thread can be found here from feb 2018 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=175151

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

- Vex

Hi Mint,

Thank you for your reply and i will do so when im back at home on friday. I fully discharged the battery last night and charged it again and the software claims its only at 84% when full and after three hours of not even been powered on the battery level has dropped to 72% so i think we've narrowed down the culprit to be the batteries are just dying and not holding charge.

Many thanks

- Vex

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - I've been trying to get a copy of my original purchase receipt from the retailer i purchased from, like a prat i had deleted the original email version of the receipt as the accounts page stores all that info but due to changes on the retailers new site they now only show purchases for the last 12 months and can only send copies of purchase receipt older than 12 months via snail mail due to "data protection" :laughing: so i'll put my rma request in once it arrives rough eta is 7-10days given how slow mail is :laughing:

On a side note the battery fully charged is now showing 22% :laughing: so its safe to say that its the culprit.

Many thanks for your help Corsair Mint

- Vex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corsair,

I've just received my Rma "replacement" this morning, but the product i have been sent back and the product i have originally purchased and sent back under my RMA are not the same. Mostly the fact this is a Void pro surround headset and i originally purchased a void pro rgb wireless headset. The price difference between these two products are £25 less than what i paid for my wireless headset.

My RMA number is #811406 please can you confirm this is intentional or not.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Corsair,

I've just received my Rma "replacement" this morning, but the product i have been sent back and the product i have originally purchased and sent back under my RMA are not the same. Mostly the fact this is a Void pro surround headset and i originally purchased a void pro rgb wireless headset. The price difference between these two products are £25 less than what i paid for my wireless headset.

My RMA number is #811406 please can you confirm this is intentional or not.

That should definitely not be intentional since they aren't comparable units. Have you let them know in the ticket so that they can get this looked into/fixed?

Hi Corsair Mint,

Yea i have posted on my ticket when i received them this morning (uk time) along with photos including product numbers of my original purchase and what i received this morning. But still awaiting a response. I figured this wouldn't be intentional and just a mistake in "picking" at the warehouse.

Many thanks for your reply

- Vex

Hi,

I'm hopeful i can get a response to my ticket today and move this issue towards being resolved. Rma number - #811406 if there is anything you can do on your end Corsair Mint it would be very much appreciated no matter how limited it may be.

Thanks

- Vex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corsair Mint,

Just to update my thread that my shipment has been received and issue resolved.

I would like to personally thank you for your help in resolving this issue from the start.

Wish you and all the other forum staff a happy holidays and all the best for 2019.

- Vex

• Corsair Employee
Hi Corsair Mint,

Just to update my thread that my shipment has been received and issue resolved.

I would like to personally thank you for your help in resolving this issue from the start.

Wish you and all the other forum staff a happy holidays and all the best for 2019.

- Vex

Hey vexed, that is excellent to hear that it was resolved! I'm glad that support was able to help get the issue taken care of quickly.

And thanks! Happy Holidays to you, too!

Archived