Corsair Community

Asking for Corsair 500D with H115i Pro and 2 ML 140 + 1 ML 120 Fans setup ideas..

cronus75

Hi guys,

Bought a 500D and 2 ML Pro 140 Blue led fans and a ML Pro 120 blue fan.

Will setup a system based on i9-9900k and RTX2080, previous case was Zalman neo9 plus which couldnt handle the i115i pro at up position and had to place in front at a very small space and temp reached high for especially RTX more than before with i9900k. I thought that front placement of radiator with inlet fans lowered the air flow worse than double 140mm fans. Which caused higher in case temperature.

As I know placement of radiator at front is better for cpu but at this case GPU suffered. I'm thinking of placing 3 140mm "inlet" fans to the front and place the i115i pro to up position as throwing out air to the radiator and out. 120mm ml pro to the exhaust and other 120 coming with the case next to the floor which it seems there is a place enough.

So, two options;

1.i115i pro to the front and 2x140mm fans up as outlet, 120 exhaust, 120 floor.

2.i115i pro up and 3x140mm fans front as inlet, 120 exhaust, 120 floor

Please share you ideas, cause I'l start the build tonight...

• 2 weeks later...

You have exactly(well almost) the same gear as me. I have my H115i's 240 rad with two HD140 fans in a pull configuration at the top and two HD140 fans pulling at the front.(4 fans sucking basically) I have 1 ML 120 at the rear venting the heated air from the top fans intake. My gpu is riser cabled to the riser position at the rear allowing for better airflow.

I might try switching the rad to the front soon and see if my temps change, but she's good enough that my 2700x is 600mhz over it's 3.7 stock. Cpu making the call.

Hope it helps

Archived