Corsair Community

570x -- Is the HDD cooled better with cover inward or outward?

tgm1024

The 570x has two mounting positions for standard 3 1/2" HDD.

They are designed out the gate to take the HDD oriented with the drive's (often green) motherboard facing outward.

However, if you remove the press-pins (they are designed to pop right out) on the side of the mounting harness, you can screw them in with the drive's cover facing outward.

Which is best for drive cooling, or is there really no issue in this case?

Hello there!

This is the first time someone has asked this question here and I'm actually more than happy to answer!

The reason the PCB side faces outward is due to improved drive cooling. Keeping this orientation keeps your 3.5" drives cool, at the expense of the PCB being visible. You are more than welcome to install them with the PCB side down, but risk having a warmer drive.

Hello there!

This is the first time someone has asked this question here and I'm actually more than happy to answer!

The reason the PCB side faces outward is due to improved drive cooling. Keeping this orientation keeps your 3.5" drives cool, at the expense of the PCB being visible. You are more than welcome to install them with the PCB side down, but risk having a warmer drive.

Totally fine by me. I prefer the looks of the PCB side over the "sticker" side anyway. Call me crazy.

Thanks!!

OK, you're crazy.

HAHA. You're not the first to say that.

However, I'm curious. You actually prefer the looks of a label? Labels are about as uninteresting as you can get. The other side of the case is showing electronics, left right up and down. And you want 1 or two labels showing through the glass on the other side? Looks cheesy to me.

Archived