Corsair Community

Air 540 Side Panel Window With Fan?

jolli

Any chance Corsair will ever produce/sell a side panel for the Air 540 that includes fan mounts?

I've got a system with two GTX 970's and a GTX 960 (for some reason) and all of them use open air coolers. Needless to say, it gets pretty toasty in that area. I have tried various fan configurations and none are satisfactory.

I know I could cut a hole myself or pay a shop to do it, but I always prefer 'official' solutions.

Thank you for your time!

Not that I am aware of. I've never tried cutting the plexi, but I might be a little concerned about vibrations with a fan mounted. I have two 540's. I wouldn't characterize the door panel as solid. Did you have to stack all three GPU's on top of each other?

There is a slot between the two 970's (they are Gigabyte G1 Gaming cards), but I have a sound card in the slot below the top card (Sound Blaster Z). The 960 is right below the bottom 970, but it is a short PCB card thankfully. It's not ideal for sure. I can't move the sound card up to the top slot either, because my D14 and motherboard assist fan (it's a Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1) block it.

It's not the end of the world, but I figure an exhaust fan by the cards might actually let them boost up a bit, instead of being limited by my top card getting cooked.

Yeah, that's tough. I am running 970x2 and had to ditch my internal sound card for an expensive external USB solution. However, my Strix 970's stay pretty cool with a 1 PCI-E gap. Worst temperature is 70C on the top card during Summer and a heavy graphics game. Incidentally, are you using 2x140 or 3x120 in the front?

Extremely unlikely. We've found with our cases that windowed side panels sell, but side panel fans really don't. :|

Makes sense.

I went ahead and ordered a solid side panel for the case and will pick up a hole cutter. I'll do the solid panel first, and if I like it, cut my current windowed panel.

Archived