Corsair Community

540 Air question

3DJFletcher

I just got a 540 air case for my new X99 rig. I love the design (except for the slightly cracked SSD cage....) but the bottom of the case has 2 dirty great holes in it under the drive sleds. Is this supposed to come with a grille or filter to go here?

Seems like a major oversight to have the most dust prone part of the case completely open..... Even a magnetic filter like the one on the front would solve it.

I just got a 540 air case for my new X99 rig. I love the design (except for the slightly cracked SSD cage....) but the bottom of the case has 2 dirty great holes in it under the drive sleds. Is this supposed to come with a grille or filter to go here?

Seems like a major oversight to have the most dust prone part of the case completely open..... Even a magnetic filter like the one on the front would solve it.

I have a 540 and didn't come with anything

well,other than the holes;):

seems like a good place to let dust bunnies in...

The Air 540 does not have a dust filter for the bottom.

You can get a third party filter specifically for the Air 540 from DEMCIflex

If you have problems with the case, e.g. cracked SSD cage. Put in a support ticket, explain your issue and upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase. Corsair will be able to help you.

Thanks for the confirmation and suggestions. I have seen the filters from DEMCIflex but $20 per hole on the bottom after dropping $150 on the case feels a little janky to me. Especially as the rest of the case is SUPERB (plastic ssd sleds aside).

To be honest i already have another one in white in a shopping cart ready to go with a second X99 build so i guess i'm either a glutton for punishment or really in love with the case......maybe i'll 3D print a mesh cover for it to reduce the likelihood of the bunnnies

• 1 month later...

Archived