Corsair Community

H100i v2 on Crosshair 6 Hero X370

JMerc

Appologies if this is in the wrong place but I'm having a bit of trouble trying to properly hook up the USB dongle to my Crosshair 6 Hero for the H100i v2 pump. It's actually a H100i GTX but I think they're the same thing.

The board says it has two USB 2.0 ports at the mid board but all I see is one to hook up the front case USB 2.0 ports. Now with those hooked up there isn't another spot for the dongle. Do I have to unplug that and render my front USB ports useless in order for the AIO to properly work?

As of right now the way I have it setup is the front case USB connector cable is attached to the USB header that is there and the cable from the AIO pump is connected to the 8 pin header to the left of the USB header. I don't think this is correct since the CL4 program is not showing pump speed or CPU fan speeds, nor am I able to control it. However it does seem to be working since my CPU is staying cool.

What's the best way, or the proper way, to attach the H100i v2 to the Crosshair 6 Hero since it doesn't have two proper USB 2.0 headers? Also I have the fan splitter connector attached to the CPU_Fan header. I imagine this is fine but did notice the board has an AIO header next to it for an AIO pump. Should I attach the dongle from the AIO pump to this or will that render CL4 useless?

Never had this much of a headache with my old Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 board.

You need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iGTX get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.

The H100iGTX is a fan/pump/LED controller that contains a pump and if not a pump, so using the AIO_PUMP header is inappropriate.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585 if you don't have enough motherboard USB 2.0 headers.

You need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iGTX get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.

The H100iGTX is a fan/pump/LED controller that contains a pump and if not a pump, so using the AIO_PUMP header is inappropriate.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585 if you don't have enough motherboard USB 2.0 headers.

Thanks for the reply.

Since I really do not want to add another bulky power cable inside my case just for the need of a molex connector for an internal USB hub I'll just unplug the front USB 2.0 ports and use the header for the H100i dongle. I'll still have the use of the two front USB 3.0 ports.

I'll be sure to disable the CPU_Fan control in the BIOS when I move the AIO dongle to the USB 2.0 header tomorrow.

According to the manual, there is a second usb header, it's part of the ROG header, which is just to the left of the USB 2.0 header. I accidentally plugged my H110i GT into it and it didn't work but it may be worth a shot.

Yeah that's what it makes you think and that's where I have the dongle plugged into but as I've said the CL4 software doesn't show pump speed, fan speeds or even any device information with it plugged in there. I looked a little more in depth into the owner's manual and even though it clearly says the board has 6 USB 2.0 ports (4 at back, 2 at mid board), it shows in the manual that there is actually only 1 x USB 2.0 header that shares a part of the ROG EXT header. That's why I was really confused when I couldn't find the other USB 2.0 header.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jmerc,

Any luck with this? Yes there is a usb 2.0 header that is shared with some rog feature, it is the group just left of the blue 3.0 front header. I could not get my pump to be seen in corsair link as well, I have plugged it in using another mini-b usb cable to my back usb and I only got it to show up once in the software, every reboot still no good.

Have you found a solution yet?

Archived