Corsair Community

Corsair Void Wireless advice

vexed

After having my 2000's since they released and they were perfect before they suffered with the earphone plastic cracking issue. i was upgraded to the 2100's by corsair when they were released. I have just purchased my corsair void wireless and so far i am very happy with how comfy they are for a cloth ear padding since i prefer the leatherette but it keeps asking for a firmware update which normally i would do. but my experience with corsair firmware deployment has been somewhat of a negative experience with my m95 becoming no more than a brick (but was replaced under the rma) and now my scimitar suffering with the issue of sometimes it does not turn on unless i unplug the usb from the port and back in occasionally.

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of what is fixed in the numerous firmware versions from the stock version and if they are worth upgrading the firmware from stock, i would rather not take the risk of turning them into a brick and dealing with the hassle of a RMA process if there is no noticeable issues fixed. Does it solve the mic issue being very quite? even if i place the mic so close to my mouth i can chew it many people in teamspeak say i am very quite. but im not sure this is the mic itself or the driver since in sound recorder and playback of my own voice i can hear myself without issue.

*edit* i have tried these on both windows 8.1 and windows 10 and still the same issue with the mic which makes me think its more of a driver issue/software with the ~DB than the hardware itself

Thanks

Vex

Archived