Corsair Community

Question about shipping on express RMA

I just did a replacement express RMA with Apple. They fed-exed me the apparatus with a hold on my credit card and then in the same box I received, I placed my defective one and shipped back through fed-ex only changing the address label with no shipping charge. Is this how Corsiar works their express RMA's? thanks

No. In general, you pay to ship an item to be replaced to us, and we pay to ship the replacement back to you.

In the express RMA, would the box and packing of the received item (I am thinking PSU) be reusable for the return shipment? I mention this because I would look for an adequate packing that would be both safe and acceptable to Corsair.

In the express RMA, would the box and packing of the received item (I am thinking PSU) be reusable for the return shipment? I mention this because I would look for an adequate packing that would be both safe and acceptable to Corsair.

I expect this would be the ideal packaging to use

• Administrators
Sure, that's fine.

Next query is about cables... I think I only have like half of the original cables. Are they necessary to be returned in the same package? I once rma-ed a corsair PSU a few years ago and it was not necessary to return the cables with the PSU, then I saw a thread on this forum that stated you had to send back the original cables to accompany the faulty psu... so.. what ?

It's always been required to send back the cables with the PSU. If you have any concerns about this, I'd suggest bringing it up in your ticket and our support team will work with you on it.

Ok, thanks for the answer, but I beg to differ on the use of the word "always". This happened to me while I was living in Europe and RMA-ed my Corsair PSU, sans cables, to Holland in September of 2009. RMA #1125889 You could look it up.

Archived