Corsair Community

Purchasing Directly vs. Retailer?

zguy85

Well... I got my work schedule moved up three months so I am in a position where it's do or die before work gets hectic. So I just put the PRO on order through Best Buy which just came back in stock today.

I applied for the Best Buy Card and got a 12 month financing option interest free if paid within the 12 months. This is a little over $200 a month which works great for me.

I hope that Corsair has viable upgrade options for the unit concerning the Power Supply and GPU at a later time. I am very excited. I understand the PS on the One has a custom wire job, but I am up to the task as I am very good with wiring.

I just hope the unit is shipped without any damage from Best Buy. (I have heard many BB shipping horror stories throughout the years.) Supposedly they are claiming it will arrive by the 26th. Lets see how that works out.

Is there any disadvantage or difference whether purchasing directly through Corsair vs. Best Buy or another retailer? I would have rather purchased directly from Corsair, but Best Buy's financing option closed the deal for me.

-Justin

• Corsair Employee

Congratulations on getting the new unit. We're still working on all the details for our upgrade program. Once everything is finalized, we'll have an official release with what options will be available and how the upgrades will be processed.

In terms of warranty, there are no disadvantages to buying from Best Buy. The unit will still backed by our 2 year warranty.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6a40f6fgfNFUEZKc01ycGhydG8

So just got it today and I am in LOVE. Nothing but wonderful things to say. The design is gorgeous and very well thought out.

The all aluminum case and design are just breathe taking, especially to the touch. I love the grill on top which houses the fan, it's like the cherry and whip cream up-top the cake... again wonderful design.

So fast that I only now realize how underpowered I was before running off a 870M Notebook. This has more than exceeded my expectations. Ran the diagnostic and no issues came up. Great job with protection padding and foam inside the box. I was very impressed with the box as well. Great touch!

I have made many comments about this product in prior posts and I had my doubts. Now that it's in-front of me, all I can say is well done! You guys really knocked it out the park for your first build. Bravo Zulu and Kudos to all you who made this possible.

Very little to no bloatware. I actually prefer the apps included. Nice job. Hopefully in the coming years there will be mod/upgrade options available. You guys are on a roll. Thank you Corsair!

• Corsair Employee
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6a40f6fgfNFUEZKc01ycGhydG8

So just got it today and I am in LOVE. Nothing but wonderful things to say. The design is gorgeous and very well thought out.

The all aluminum case and design are just breathe taking, especially to the touch. I love the grill on top which houses the fan, it's like the cherry and whip cream up-top the cake... again wonderful design.

So fast that I only now realize how underpowered I was before running off a 870M Notebook. This has more than exceeded my expectations. Ran the diagnostic and no issues came up. Great job with protection padding and foam inside the box. I was very impressed with the box as well. Great touch!

I have made many comments about this product in prior posts and I had my doubts. Now that it's in-front of me, all I can say is well done! You guys really knocked it out the park for your first build. Bravo Zulu and Kudos to all you who made this possible.

Very little to no bloatware. I actually prefer the apps included. Nice job. Hopefully in the coming years there will be mod/upgrade options available. You guys are on a roll. Thank you Corsair!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy to hear that the unit is performing well! If you ever have any question, our team is available to help you as well. Please let me know if you have any question and thank you for choosing CORSAIR ONE! :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy to hear that the unit is performing well! If you ever have any question, our team is available to help you as well. Please let me know if you have any question and thank you for choosing CORSAIR ONE! :biggrin:

Congrats looks great

Thanks Jah. Yea man I hear your frustration with the fact that the TI might not be available for sometime also dude. I was dead set on TI or nothing myself. I honestly am going to give corsair the benefit of the doubt that we will be able to upgrade our PRO systems at a later time.

For the meantime, the One Pro powers through anything I throw at it with the 1080 GTX comfortably overclocked at around 2 Ghz liquid cooled with no problems. I'm a happy camper =)

Archived