Corsair Community

And what now

zlajag

Hi all,

I'm one of ppl that can't get my Force3 120GB to work 2-3 days without problems. I really like Corsair products (got RAM and PSU) but this is really ridiculous.

So, I'm now in dilemma, return drive and request a new one or wait for new firmware?

I'm not sure if store will provide full refund since I've got it for about month now.

All other ppl having same issue, what's your plan?

I have been waiting 4 days for them to get back to me, this second drive is even worse than the first. If i go back to the c300, or patriot inferno SSD I do not have any problems or if I use mechanicals I can't replicate this issue with any other drives I also now have an M4 ssd with then new 500mb/s firmware and I dont get any problems with that either

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've finally got really angry last night working on my PC and computer froze again, lost my work... I called local Corsair distributor and he agreed to replace me drive with new one. I currently got 1129 version, and that one on stock is 1138.

Anyone got 1138 series to verify that it's ok ? I'll hate to do all troubleshoot stuff again.

One more thing, I've noticed that most complaints are about 120GB models, and very little (or nothing) for 180 GB. Maybe upgrade to 180 GB is better option?

Thx

The 180 and 90 versions are quite new. I think that most complains are about the 120GB version simply because the 120GB version is kind of a sweet spot because of its affordable price and good enough capacity.

AFAIK there have been a few cases where RMAing the drive has solved the stability issues, but generally speaking I don't think that's a solution. Corsair hasn't made any official declaration that the new revision have any HW problems, so unless your drive is actually faulty, a newer one shouldn't help.

The 180 and 90 versions are quite new. I think that most complains are about the 120GB version simply because the 120GB version is kind of a sweet spot because of its affordable price and good enough capacity.

AFAIK there have been a few cases where RMAing the drive has solved the stability issues, but generally speaking I don't think that's a solution. Corsair hasn't made any official declaration that the new revision have any HW problems, so unless your drive is actually faulty, a newer one shouldn't help.

I concur on all points.

zlajag: Try the new firmware 1.3.2.

Yea, 120 seems to be best buy at the moment, in my country 180GB model cost about 70% more than 120GB model.

Wired: I just got my new drive 1138 this morning, I'll secure erase it before new install.

I'll give it a try without updating firmware, in case of problems I'll update firmware and erase it again.

Btw, I've send e-mail to Rma service to cance my RMA request since local dealer replaced my drive, but didn't receive any feedback.

Sorry to hear that m8. Got my first BSOD a few days ago and another SF related crash just yesterday. I've been trying to reproduce the crashes but so far they seem completely random.

I've tried updating my firmware to 1.3.2 but so far I ain't optimistic to say the least :)

I'm still on 1.3 but set my voltage manually, did some tweaks in registry, and disabled TRIM. so far no BSOD. Will report if it helped, so other users can try it.

Question: Is it possible to trigger TRIM function manually?

Do a google search for ForceTrim; I can't provide the direct link since it's hosted on a competitor's forum.

The tool SHOULD force a TRIM via Win7 native TRIM command when run.

I guess the idea for a workaround would be to have TRIM disabled but once a week enable it, run this tool to 'optimize' the drive and disable again afterwards.

Do a google search for ForceTrim; I can't provide the direct link since it's hosted on a competitor's forum.

The tool SHOULD force a TRIM via Win7 native TRIM command when run.

I guess the idea for a workaround would be to have TRIM disabled but once a week enable it, run this tool to 'optimize' the drive and disable again afterwards.

Thanks a lot. I'll try it and check out.

I've upgraded firmware to 1.3.2 , turned back trim on and so far no problems.

I checked my drivers, and how can I be sure that Win are using intel RST instead standard MS ahci driver?

In device manager I can see intel RST controller installed but, on corsair drive properties it says :

Driver provider: Microsoft

Driver date:6/21/2006

Driver version: 6.1.7600.16385

Shouldn't there be Intel driver or?

thx

if you see the Intel SATA AHCI Controller driver listed under 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers', you're alright.

If you hadn't installed IRST, it would have read something like Microsoft Standard AHCI Controller 1.0.

The device driver for the actual disk itself is of no concern.

Archived