Corsair Community

570x (First Time Builder)

Gulla7510

Hey Guys,

Looking for a little help. I am building my first PC and using the 570x Case. I have a couple of questions.

1) The fans that come with the case. The 3 fans in front of the case are already plugged into the RGB Controller on the back of the case. However there is 1 more wire for each of the fans. Do those plug into the motherboard, or the powersupply? They are 3pin connectors and all the FAN connectors on my MB are 4 pin.

2) I also purchased 3 additional 120 fans for the top and back of the case. Same question where would the 3pin connectors plug into.

Thank you for the help, this has me very confused haha.

Those are for fan power. 3 pin is voltage regulated, cheaper and harder to control than PWM fans that are 4 pin.

The 3 pin connecters will line up and fit in the 4 pin ports on the motherboard no problem, they'll run their default speed.

I wonder if your motherboard has a enough fan headers though, you may need to invest in some fan splitters or a fan hub.

I used a cheap fan hub that only take 3 pin fans for my 570x, I stuck it on the top left SSD: https://i.imgur.com/vdRDFz4.jpg

Hey Guys,

Looking for a little help. I am building my first PC and using the 570x Case. I have a couple of questions.

1) The fans that come with the case. The 3 fans in front of the case are already plugged into the RGB Controller on the back of the case. However there is 1 more wire for each of the fans. Do those plug into the motherboard, or the powersupply? They are 3pin connectors and all the FAN connectors on my MB are 4 pin.

2) I also purchased 3 additional 120 fans for the top and back of the case. Same question where would the 3pin connectors plug into.

Thank you for the help, this has me very confused haha.

Hi buddy

Have a Ready of this... http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

My advice is get the Commander Pro., This will allow you to control fan speeds and RGB in Corsair Link,

Hi Corsair Community!

I hope its ok to use this thread for my question as I am a first time builder myself.

I used the 570x Mirror Black and just love the case in every way.

As I learned the 570x Mirror Black is the newer version of the 570x and has USB 3.1 Front Panel Support. My Mainboard (msi x370 carbon gaming pro) only supports 3.0 for the front. Is there any adapter to connect the front to the mainboard?

I really like the SP120 included with the case. But just saw the LL 120 at a friends Case. And tbh, they look incredible. If I buy the 3x pack LL 120 which comes with the Lightning Nide Pro am I able to just swap the Lightning Node (pre installed at the 570x) without changing the LED Hub? So leave all cable management as it is and just switch the "box" to control the fans via software?

Sorry for my english. Its not my native langaguage.

Thank you in advance.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Corsair Community!

I hope its ok to use this thread for my question as I am a first time builder myself.

I used the 570x Mirror Black and just love the case in every way.

As I learned the 570x Mirror Black is the newer version of the 570x and has USB 3.1 Front Panel Support. My Mainboard (msi x370 carbon gaming pro) only supports 3.0 for the front. Is there any adapter to connect the front to the mainboard?

I really like the SP120 included with the case. But just saw the LL 120 at a friends Case. And tbh, they look incredible. If I buy the 3x pack LL 120 which comes with the Lightning Nide Pro am I able to just swap the Lightning Node (pre installed at the 570x) without changing the LED Hub? So leave all cable management as it is and just switch the "box" to control the fans via software?

Sorry for my english. Its not my native langaguage.

Thank you in advance.

congrats on your new case!

USB-C: Unfortunately there's no internal USB-C expansion with an internal header that I know of :(

LL fans: That's correct, you won't need to change the LED hub, and you can get rid of the "SP Lighting Controller" since you no longer need this. Simply connect the LED cable from the LL fans to the LED hubs (this hub has 6 ports) and connect the LED channel cable into one of the two LED channels port found on the Lighting Node Pro that comes with the LL fans.

Hope this help!

Archived