Corsair Community

Questions on RGB using commander pro and hub

Alcasczar

So I ordered the commander pro and 6 fans, looking through all the docs and watching a few videos I am still a little confused about 1 thing.

The command pro connects to the motherboard USB 2.0 header and gets power from that and also the sata power cable do I need to also connect the sata power cable to the RGB hub too? wondering if there's a friendly diagram that I could follow that shows how this is connected, the documentation doesn't really clearly identify this scenario and I don't want to connect something wrong. Thanks for your help.

Oh and I noticed the RGB hub doesn't come with the commander pro???????? you have to buy a fan pack with lightning node pro to get the RGB hub?

Al

So I ordered the commander pro and 6 fans, looking through all the docs and watching a few videos I am still a little confused about 1 thing.

The command pro connects to the motherboard USB 2.0 header and gets power from that and also the sata power cable do I need to also connect the sata power cable to the RGB hub too? wondering if there's a friendly diagram that I could follow that shows how this is connected, the documentation doesn't really clearly identify this scenario and I don't want to connect something wrong. Thanks for your help.

The RGB Fan Hub does need to be connected to SATA power.

For diagrams, check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

Oh and I noticed the RGB hub doesn't come with the commander pro???????? you have to buy a fan pack with lightning node pro to get the RGB hub?

Al

No, the RGB Fan Hub does not come with the Commander Pro. You can get the fan hub in the multipack of fans (which is how I would recommend getting it) or you can get it standalone from Corsair.com. Note that the standalone version does not come with the cables to connect the fan hub to the Commander Pro (or Lighting Node Pro, for that matter). But I'm fairly certain that the Commander Pro does come with the cables.

Thanks Devbiker,

I am going to hook it up tomorrow night after work and see how it goes. Looking at all the things at Newegg and some YouTube videos and your post I am confident I can do this simply. I am just a little bit disappointed the fan led hub didn't come with Cpro but I get why.

The hard part is going to be managing cables -.- in my Graphite 760T case :D

Thanks Devbiker,

I am going to hook it up tomorrow night after work and see how it goes. Looking at all the things at Newegg and some YouTube videos and your post I am confident I can do this simply. I am just a little bit disappointed the fan led hub didn't come with Cpro but I get why.

The hard part is going to be managing cables -.- in my Graphite 760T case :D

Take a look at the RGB FAQ as well.

And yeah ... managing the cables is a challenge. Last time I redid my cables, it was an 8 hour task. That's also with a total of 13 fans and 11 strips. The back is a shrine to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Archived