Corsair Community

H150i PRO fans on the radiator do not come on nor does the cooler show up on LINK 4.

plockerman

Hey friends, read through a few (a bunch) of threads and am still stumped.

I installed my Corsair H150i PRO which seemed simple enough however although the pump is lit (LED on) the fans on the radiator do not come on nor does the cooler show up on LINK 4.

Everything is new (new build) including the power supply and cables.

USB connector connected to USB port on board, tach cable to the CPU_Fan port and the fan manifold cable connected to the fans.

I have no way to test if this is actually working.

The first thing to check is if you can see the cooler using a standard micro USB cable to an external USB port. This, at least, helps us determine if the cable is bad or it's something else.

Also, what is the fan speed reported for CPU_FAN? This will be your pump RPMs.

Which version of Link, btw? It does need to be a recent version to see the H150i PRO.

All that said, the fact that the fans aren't spinning isn't promising.

Hmm.. yeah, make sure your are using Link 4.9.7. The version before definitely had a few issues with the PRO coolers. However, the fan thing is baffling. The only thing that comes to mind is the cooler thinks it is in Zero Fan mode and it cutting the PWM signal (or however it does it). Unfortunately, we can't really deal with that until the cooler gets recognized.

Open the Device Manager, open the bottom Universal Serial Bus tab, and see if the Corsair USBXp Driver is there. I would probably delete it, uninstall Link, and then re-install 4.9.7. I suppose we could try iCUE and that program seems to have less recognition issues, however it does open up a few other cans of worms that merit discussion before installing. Anything else running in the background that might interfere? AIDA64? ASRock motherboard software?

The first thing to check is if you can see the cooler using a standard micro USB cable to an external USB port. This, at least, helps us determine if the cable is bad or it's something else.

Do mean the detachable cable on the side of the pump?

Not sure where I can read that.

Which version of Link, btw? It does need to be a recent version to see the H150i PRO.

version 4.9.7.35

All that said, the fact that the fans aren't spinning isn't promising.

I know, I was afraid of that.

Do mean the detachable cable on the side of the pump?

Yes. It's actually a standard micro USB.

Not sure where I can read that.

You'll see this in the BIOS or any tool that can read the CPU Fan Speed. There's a lot of them. Try HWMonitor as, IIRC, it doesn't interfere with Link or iCue.

version 4.9.7.35

OK. That should be good.

Yes. It's actually a standard micro USB.

You'll see this in the BIOS or any tool that can read the CPU Fan Speed. There's a lot of them. Try HWMonitor as, IIRC, it doesn't interfere with Link or iCue.

OK. That should be good.

No CPU fan is what's showing in the BIOS.

Swapped out the side usb cable with a new one and connected it externally to a USB port. Nothing.

Where does the Pump get its LED power from?

The power comes from the SATA connection. But it sounds like you definitely have something wrong. You should not be getting a "No CPU" error in the BIOS if the fan connector is connected to CPU_FAN.

Since you just got it, your quickest option is likely an exchange through the reseller.

No CPU fan is what's showing in the BIOS.

Does that mean you are getting a positive reading for CPU fan? (should be either 1100 ish or 2100)

or

CPU fan is not detecting anything?

If the second, the thing is defective and needs to be replaced. However, even if it is the first, I think I am with Dev and I would suggest a quick exchange with the retailer. If they are unfriendly or have obnoxious costs, you can do this through Corsair as well.

The power comes from the SATA connection. But it sounds like you definitely have something wrong. You should not be getting a "No CPU" error in the BIOS if the fan connector is connected to CPU_FAN.

Since you just got it, your quickest option is likely an exchange through the reseller.

I think it's strange that the CPU_FAN connection is a 4-pin connection on the board but the connector is a two conductor, 3-pin connector.

Does that mean you are getting a positive reading for CPU fan? (should be either 1100 ish or 2100)

or

CPU fan is not detecting anything?

If the second, the thing is defective and needs to be replaced. However, even if it is the first, I think I am with Dev and I would suggest a quick exchange with the retailer. If they are unfriendly or have obnoxious costs, you can do this through Corsair as well.

BIOS fan speed say 0 rpm.

No, the 2 pin connector is normal for the H150i Pro or any other cooler that gets its power from a SATA line. The board connector does not do much except report a pump speed to the BIOS (on this model) and prevent the standard CPU Boot error when nothing is connected to CPU Fan.

Ugh... zero is not good. You mentioned lights, but something is wrong on the power circuits. There is nothing you can do.

OK, then it is Corsair who will be sending you the new one. Click the "Support Ticket System" from the top menu on this page and create a help request (if you have not already). You will need to upload the purchase invoice from Corsair. Even though the unit is brand new and someone could figure that out by looking at the dates, you need to expressly state this is a brand new unit and I just bought it from you (Corsair). Hopefully that will speed things along.

Quick question on the same item, is there perhaps a "trigger" temperature that triggers the fans to come on? I noticed on my GPU the fans don't even begin to come on until 63c. The radiator is hot so I feel like the pump is working but there's no way of knowing really.

Quick question on the same item, is there perhaps a "trigger" temperature that triggers the fans to come on? I noticed on my GPU the fans don't even begin to come on until 63c. The radiator is hot so I feel like the pump is working but there's no way of knowing really.

IIRC correctly, when I installed my H115i PRO (same cooler, different radiator), the fans came on immediately. So I'm fairly confident that the default, out-of-the-box setting is to have them on something similar to either Quiet or Balanced mode, which has the fans on constantly.

Regardless, zero RPM mode shouldn't leave the fans off when the radiator is noticeably warm. I'm sorry, dude, but I really thing you ought to get that radiator replaced ASAP. If you do an express RMA, they'll cross ship one to you.

While I wouldn't recommend it, while you are waiting, you can put the fans on the motherboard; it would seem that the pump is working (or the radiator wouldn't be warm). That might work ... but I don't recommend it. I'm a nervous nelly about misbehaving coolers. And this one definitely is misbehaving.

IIRC correctly, when I installed my H115i PRO (same cooler, different radiator), the fans came on immediately. So I'm fairly confident that the default, out-of-the-box setting is to have them on something similar to either Quiet or Balanced mode, which has the fans on constantly.

As stated above, this was something of a left-field longshot, before we knew the H150i was showing a big, fat nothing in the BIOS. That changes the situation dramatically. The computer does not know there is a device there and this is pretty much always a terminal problem. Usually the pump isn't running at all when this happens, so this is a bit unusual, but you still need to have it replaced.

I'll add to this thread. Fans show up in link but do not spin. When connected directly to the power supply of the case they work fine. Installation was done correctly. CPUFAN cable is connected.

I'm at a loss.

Pump is running @2820 rpm

I'll add to this thread. Fans show up in link but do not spin. When connected directly to the power supply of the case they work fine. Installation was done correctly. CPUFAN cable is connected.

I'm at a loss.

Are you running Link or iCue? Which version?

I'm trying to understand if this is a crazy hardware issue or a crazy software issue. It's uncommon that we get these kinds of crazy issues so close together.

I'm at a loss.

OP was Link 4.7.9. Are you using that one as well? What fan curve is selected in Link?

Yes. Latest version from corsair. This is a brand new unit. I’ve tried both apps. I set the curves on both fans to performance thinking maybe they would kick on at a lower temp. Nothing. The software sees the unit, The fans just won’t kick on.

Ordered another unit last night. Planning to install tomorrow to see if it’s a hardware issue.

Archived