Corsair Community

Windows Fall Update h115i device problem

Joseph6704

After updating windows I noticed that corsair link wasn't showing pump/fan speeds and liquid temperature anymore. In fact, there was no way for me to configure fans at all. It was all missing.

I looked up in my device manager and noticed a exclamation in a yellow triangle next to where it lists the h115i device. Apparently I have a code 28, "the drivers for this device are not installed. There are no compatible drivers for this device."

I tried updating the drivers but that failed. I was going to try reinstalling corsair link, but I'm afraid of losing my fan profiles. The default quiet, balanced, and performance all have too loud fan speed, and with no way to configure the fans, I'll be stuck in one of those modes.

What do I need to do to fix all this? Should I return to the previous version of windows? Will that fix everything? Or is there something I can do without rolling back?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

I actually rolled back to previous version of windows and everything is now working again. It seems like Corsair needs to update their software to work with the windows fall version.

Hopefully they are aware of this huge issue and are working on a fix.

I actually rolled back to previous version of windows and everything is now working again. It seems like Corsair needs to update their software to work with the windows fall version.

Hopefully they are aware of this huge issue and are working on a fix.

i fixed the issue buy uninstalling the corsair software then downloading it from the product page and installing it again, this fixed the problem for me, and it also fixed several other usb related issues.

i think the problem is that just like several other updates on windows 10 it's effectively an OS upgrade rather than a simple update adding or removing functionality, there were similar problems when i used upgrade installs from xp to vista, but i guess the windows 10 upgrades are better in that they don't delete all the installed software (just some of it)

Archived