Corsair Community

K90. Leds malfunction.

Antoshechka

Hi!

Recently I bought the dream — K90 and is very happy.

As any diligent pupil, I tested the keyboard. Everything was good. Then (as any diligent pupil), I updated firmware (K90FwUpdate v1.31.exe). Updating was successful. However, almost at once, strangenesses began. They small, but unpleasant: two LEDs — for the N and Alt GR keys were serially disconnected. At the same time, keys are serviceable. There is no illumination only.

I ask to help me with a solution. As I am inclined to expect further shutdowns. It is logical.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6424/141045115.e/0_98797_4f0be93f_orig.jpeg

By executing "K90FwUpdate v1.31.exe" only? Or I have to pass some special procedure?

--

Ok, I just started "K90FwUpdate v1.31.exe". Updating again came to the end successfully. But LEDs still aren't active. By the way before updating, firmware warns about erasing of macroes. However, my one and only macro (G1 the button) remained untouched. Is it normal?

Ok, I understood about readiness for an exchange. Perhaps, I really should use your offer. But, if you not against, I like to understand logic of behavior of the keyboard. Whether can tell your experience - the reason in LEDs or in firmware? I would like to know it on the future.

Because if the reason in LEDs, I am ready to risk a waranty and independently to change them. I plan to use K90 not one year therefore me availability of repair interests.

At that time, while I choose option of a solution, I will add the bug-report with one more symptom. I hope that it will help developers to understand the reasons of malfunctions and to correct it on other devices.

As I spoke earlier, LEDs aren't shone in two keys. However, in rare instances, when I activate keyboard illumination, LED in "Alt GR" activated too, for 1-3 seconds. Then it blinks (similar to short circuit) and dies away. Key "N" isn't shone never.

If you want, I can wait for results of your check of symptoms. Probably, thus we will be able quickly to solve a problem not only with my K90. If isn't present, I will listen to your initial recommendation and I will ask you to replace the keyboard.

• Corsair Employee
I won't be able to provide you the results of our findings (its a long process) but if you'd like to replace it, fill out a RMA with the link to the left and let me know your case number when you finish.

If you would like a advanced RMA.

As RAM GUY mentioned, contact customer service via phone/Skype to request an advanced RMA. Note: An advanced RMA requires a valid CC.

You can call Corsair's toll-free number (listed on their website) on Skype for free.

The process should be the same worldwide.

• Corsair Employee

Okay Antos, I have approved a new RMA for you instead: 5836078

You should have gotten an email from our automated system from TSX Express with instructions on how to return it. Use those instead of our customer portal for the time being.

Clear to me my doubts, please. Whether correctly I understood what I have no opportunity for the RMA express? Instead you suggested me to be engaged in post transfers (at my expense) and expectations of other keyboard? Thus, CORSAIR still didn't define the reason of emergence dead LEDs. And it means - the new keyboard will have the same problems. In my opinion it is called "experiment", but not "exchange".

I understand that I am in a world *** and third world country. But, as I remember, in Russia the unimaginable quantity of CORSAIR production is on sale. I ask to correct me if I am not the rights, but it is possible to call this quantity "considerable", speaking about gross export. Besides, we (now you are surprised) have banks, a banking system and cards. Still there is no opportunity for the RMA Express?

Again I ask to forgive me if I very much not right.

• Corsair Employee

An express RMA is just a means for us to send you the product first (provided you have a credit card for a hold to be placed). You would then be responsible to mail back your product after receiving it within a set time frame or you would be charged for the product. Our customer portal is having some problems with this, however, so a different ticket had been setup for you to proceed with either a normal exchange through RMA, or you can contact our customer service to manually set the Express RMA (bypassing the portal completely).

As for the dead LEDs, it is unfortunate that it occurred. There isn't a specific reason why they go out as they are lights and sometimes like Christmas lights, a bad bulb can occur. Our RMA policy is such that the customer is responsible for shipping it back to us and we would replace it, and pay for the shipping to send back to you. If for some reason we need to do additional replacements, we will cover the shipping both ways.

I hope this made it clearer for you.

I don't remember about my interest to any policy, except my own. Therefore accept it as the fact: only my policy matters. About the reasons of it you will easily guess, using a keyword "MONEY". So, read step-by-step manual of the only option of the decision:

1 . You are connected to the Internet network.

2 . Very carefully you choose your Moscow distributors or resellers.

3 . You find that from them which is closer to the North of Moscow.

4 . Using UPS, you provide tested K90 existence at this distributor/reseller.

5 . I come to the distributor via the subway (1 US dollar) and I replace the K90.

6 . All this occurs without excess questions and recoordination.

7 . You show me requisites of your company.

8 . I bill you for 2 US dollars and I show my requisites.

9 . You pay my trip by the subway, there and back.

10 . I test a K90. If everything is good, CORSAIR remains the CORSAIR.

Now you can estimate my generosity: only 10 steps to success and you - at glory top!

Separate point, you can estimate in addition my generosity any bonus. It will be pleasant to me, and Jesus will take care of you. Or something like that.

(10.1 . If my K90 is broken through my fault, you will be able to demand compensation from me at any time: You have all my data. Police of Russia - the most effective police in the world. And considering number NATO agents in Russia, I won't be able to hide even in a den of a bear on Red Square).

• Corsair Employee

Unfortunately, there is no procedure to work with retailers or distributors directly as they all have their own policy regarding their own inventory. If you'd like your replacement to be tested near you without the turnaround time of mailing, I would recommend you contact where you purchased it from to do so for you.

The other option is for us to test your replacement before we mail it out to you. You can request this through customer service to setup once you mail your original keyboard in for us to replace through the RMA.

I regret that forced CORSAIR to be in difficulty. I understood that created for you very serious problem. Insuperable problem. Now I am absolutely sure: I live in a world bottom.

But I am ready to help you! For this purpose it is necessary very little: you have to list for me: in what cases LEDs K90 die. I should solve our problem independently. Because the offered ways of replacement any blue and round, and I wanted green striped.

(my loyalty and generosity grows before the eyes)

• Corsair Employee
If you're within 30 days, customer service can make an exception for you and provide you with a shipping label so you can return it to us without any cost to you. Since I approved your ticket already, go ahead and give them a call. If you explain to them you just got it, they'll help you out.

The generosity of your offer, on truth, is boundless. Therefore I to doubt, cry, hesitate, regret, but all the same I refuse to you its acceptance. I will exchange my K90 for new K90 in Moscow only. Only such option convenient for me, only my convenience is important. So, I shed tears regretting for your limited opportunities of exchange procedure, and I am interested again: CORSAIR will confirm or will disprove - whether updating of the microprogram of the keyboard influences functioning of LEDs? Whether such cases are known to you?

Archived