Corsair Community

Problem

Radagast

Hello, i got a Chaintech 9CJS with Intel 875P chipset and two Corsair Memory Modules (PC3200 - XMS in Dual Channel, 512mb each one) and i got problems setting them in my Bios. If i set "By SPD" my system doesn't work (Win XP Pro doesn't load) If i set them in manual (cas 2.5, 3-6-3) it works, but i think these settings are too slow. Anyway i've experienced problems with XP Pro in boot phase, it simply freeze and i have to reset my system, and i'm sure it's a memory problem 'cause if i change memory timing it works. Any suggest? Do you know optimal settings for my mb? Thanx a lot

• Corsair Employee
Please try setting the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and I would also set the Dram Voltage set to 2.7 or 2.75 Volts. Also if you see a setting for USB legacy support Disable it. Ram Guy

• 2 months later...
I also have a 9CJS, and I've had the exact same problem with my motherboard, memory and Window XP Pro. It simply will not load with both sticks in there. It'll load just fine with one stick in the #1 slot, but not the other stick (in any slot) or both (in any configuration). I bought them as a matched pair from ZipZoomFly. I thought I had a bad stick until I read this post. I tried the same settings you recommended for Radagast in my BIOS for both sticks together and each one individually, but still got errors loading XP. I've probably loaded XP over 40 times now...or attempted to anyway. :brick: My memory is slightly different, however: CMX512-3200C2PT XMS3202v1.2 0325045 XMS3200, 512MB, 400MHz, CL2 In the BIOS, the parameters are listed in the following order: CAS Latency Time: 2.5 default Active to Precharge Delay: 8 default DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 3 default DRAM RAS# Precharge: 3 default What settings should I use for each parameter? Also, there's no way to select exact DRAM voltage. You can only choose to increase it by 0.10, 0.20 or 0.30. Should I increase it? Finally, there's no option to disable legacy USB support. Thanks in advance for the help.

P4 3.0GHz CPU L1 & L2 Cache: Enabled Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled Quick Power On Self Test: Enabled DRAM Timing: By SPD Memory Frequency: DDR400 System BIOS Cachable: Enabled Video BIOS Cachable: Disabled Memory Hole at 15M-16M: Disabled Delay Prior to Thermal: 16 min AGP Aperature: 128 MB CPU Core: 1.50V Memory Voltage: 2.64V If there's another specific setting you need, let me know. Considering this is CAS 2 memory and the default setting for CAS is 2.5, should I change it to 2.0? Thanks in advance for the help. :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, Let's try replacing your modules, Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the RMA please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

It's a TwinX set. I tried both settings and voltage setting, but it still didn't work. System stability was really poor. As soon as I took out the second stick, it ran fine. I think I'm going to have to try replacing them. Do I send them both, or just the one? (I assume I return both since it's a TwinX set.) Thanks again for your help.

• Corsair Employee
mattyboy First Off I am truly sorry as I missed your post. And yes I would submit the RMA. If you have a Twinx set then you will want to submit Twinx as a pair to get them replaced as a pair. Otherwise with just 2 single modules you can just RMA the failing module. Ram Guy

Archived