Corsair Community

Void Wireless EQ no longer working, headset sounds like crap / in tunnel..

yuppicide

So I noticed a week or so ago the icon in the Windows 10 changed. Seems I got a new version of iCue... 3.9.93.. I am running firmware 39.02.

I noticed the headset sounds like total crap. I thought maybe it was the CS:GO update, but then I noticed everything sounds like crap.

Voice sounds like it's in a tunnel / far away. Music sounds better, but the EQ does absolutely nothing now.

Anyone else have this? What to do?

Hi yuppicide, can you close out of iCUE and right-click it and Run as Admin, just in case the audio driver isn't getting proper permissions to run? And if you can, try a repair so that the audio driver is reinstalled.

How do do a repair? I have Windows 10. I do not see a repair option in Device Manager. I guess I can uninstall and reinstall if you want.

EQ works again, however everything sounds like it's in a tunnel. Playing games is hard, listening to television is not enjoyable, music is alright.

I reported when I first bought the unit year/s ago it sounded like far away or in a tunnel. That went away in firmware/software updates.

I then did a review here on some aftermarket earpad replacements I picked up on Amazon.. not sure why, but the earpads really changed the sound to where I had to turn half the EQ almost all the way down. In a thread here we discussed EQ settings and I said I just randomly turn them up all close to +12db. With the new earpads I had to change 32-250 all the way down to almost -12db in order to even sound good, but 500-16k are almost +12db. Well, with the new software/firmware I can now turn the EQ almost all the way up like I'd normally have it. It's just the tunnel effect that is an issue.

I just realized the mic doesn't work at all. I thought it was CSGO's update.. nope it's everywhere. Uninstalled iCue, Uninstalled Void, rebooted, re-installed iCue, rebooted. Mic still does not work. Headset sounds like I am in a tunnel.

If I go into Windows where you can test/setup a mic it says

"The Wizard could not start

Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the Audio Devices and Sound TRhemes control panel."

• Corsair Employee

Driver might've installed incorrectly during the update:

Many issues with Corsair Utility Engine can be solved by performing a clean reinstall of the software. This is a little different from just uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Please perform the steps below:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows. .

- Install RevoUninstaller: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

- Run RevoUninstaller

-Select iCUE, and then select uninstall

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall CUE.

Driver might've installed incorrectly during the update:

Many issues with Corsair Utility Engine can be solved by performing a clean reinstall of the software. This is a little different from just uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Please perform the steps below:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows. .

- Install RevoUninstaller: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

- Run RevoUninstaller

-Select iCUE, and then select uninstall

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall CUE.

Thanks. I wish I could remember stuff like this, I have Revo already installed. EQ works now, voice still sounds like it's far away / in a tunnel. I've owned the Void Wireless since it came out and vocals were like this at first, but with updates got fixed.

Actually EDIT: It's not just vocals that sound like they're far away. Certain songs do also. Rock music like Danzig sounds alright (aside from vocals), however I played Doja Cat Mooo and Go To Town, where the whole song sounds kind of distant / muffled.

Archived