Corsair Community

First time with commander pro module few questions

Wiscogamerz

Ok so my new rig is about ready to go but I’m trying to figure out the commander pro module.

Is it safe to use a splitter to get more fans off the node? For instance I have 7 fans plus my pump for cooler was gunna splice them with a three way than connect but that might overload it.

Then same question for the rgb all my fans are rgb but there’s only one connect point for the rgb so I would have to split them together.

Case is 1000d but this whole lighting rgb and fans are confusing me somewhat.

Any links to other thread a or info on what is and is t exceptable is appreciated directions for the commander pro haven’t been much help so far

Technically, Corsair doesn't support the use of splitters on the Commander Pro.

However, many of us (myself included) do use fan splitters with the Commander Pro. Two-way splitters seem to be fine. Three-way splitters seem to cause issues. So limit it to two way and you should be good.

For the RGB, they connect to an RGB Fan Hub. See the RGB FAQ linked in my signature and give it a good read through. Also check out Zotty's 1000D build log for ideas.

Those charts are very helpful thanks. I didn’t see how to daisy chain the two commanders together. I just bought two of the led fan headers and another commander pro but I’m thinking I need both of the pros linked together since there’s only one Corsair link on my mobo. Anythoughts on that otherwise great information.

Technically, Corsair doesn't support the use of splitters on the Commander Pro.

However, many of us (myself included) do use fan splitters with the Commander Pro. Two-way splitters seem to be fine. Three-way splitters seem to cause issues. So limit it to two way and you should be good.

For the RGB, they connect to an RGB Fan Hub. See the RGB FAQ linked in my signature and give it a good read through. Also check out Zotty's 1000D build log for ideas.

Do you have any info on daisy chaining the commander pros together I can’t find anything on that specific thing. Also I’m new to the forums not sure if there’s a private message feature or how that works so sorry if I posted twice

You can daisy chain Commander Pros - you plug the USB for one CoPro into the other CoPro's USB port. Works just fine - Zotty is doing this on his Obsidian 1000D build.

Awesome thank you very much I think I have ordered all the parts I need to get everything running finally.

Don't forget that it depends just exactly what type of fan and what type of splitter you are using. They come in different flavours. You can buy splitters that take their power directly from the PSU so they don'e load the driving device, so you can readily split any PWM signal in to as many fans as you want. They are dead cheap and in cable form or small pcb form and cost very little.

Archived