Corsair Community

HS1 sound popping and massive a FPS drop.

Garmann

Hi, I recently bought the HS1 headset due to the raving reviews but once i plugged it into my machine things were not so great. The sound had pops in it and for some reason when I use the headset I got my FPS in games cut in half. I've downloaded all the newest drivers for everything on my system, reinstalled the headset a few times but nothing short of not using the headset works.

I've tried turning off audio enhancements in the control panel but that did nothing.

Has anyone had a simular experience?

Well you're, right I found the mistake and I'm pretty much a dumbass since i went after the symptons and not the cause. This is a brand new rig and I forgot that flash has hardware acceleration enabled by default which screwd the fps over and the cracking/popping was from a driver that did not play nice with the DPC stack.

I got it all fixed now though and the headset is pretty awesome now, only annoying part is that turning the volume all the way down won't mute the headset, I have to do that manually.

What I'm saying is that if I press the volume down key on the controller the volume goes down to 0 however it does not completely mute it, I can still hear traces of white noise, albeit very low white noise. If I mute the speakers in the mixer the white noise goes away completely.

Would be nice if going below 0 in volume would do the same as muting it in the mixer.

It's just a minor complaint really, the headset works like a charm now with. I honestly did not expect the 3d positional sound to work as well as it does.

Archived