Corsair Community

h115i replacement problems

cb4lenor

Hi,

I just got a replacement for my H115i, that did not really cool anymore.

The new one is a refurbished one. It looked quite broken already when I unpacked it, as not only fins of the radiator were squeezed, but also pipes in the radiator.

Nevertheless I gave it a try. Cooling is better than before, but the pump clicks all the time and very annoying. Its a constant clicking like every 0.5 seconds. If I squeeze the area of the radiator, where the hoses come out, it gets better, but I do not see any way of maintaining such pressure and it does not feel right anyhow.

Is there anything I can do to fix this ? I already opened a ticket, but maybe there is a standard way of fixing this ? It sounds mechanical and not really like a buzzing sound …

Isn't there some sort of quality control for refurbished parts ? It does not really seem so, as the radiator looks bad and directly sounds bad as soon as you just switch it on.

Thanks,

CB4LENOR

No, way to address all of and it appears you received a very poor replacement. While things like a few bent fins are normal and the sound subjective, the squeezing the hoses part is concerning. That shouldn't make anything better. On the chance that this being exacerbated by air bubbles (static pops), try cycling the pump from low to high to low to high to try and dislodge any air around the pump/CPU block. You also can try tilting the case with the pump running. This is not to take away from the larger issue, but it might make the short time you have this cooler a little less aggravating.

Archived