Corsair Community

Corsair H100i v2 pump 0 rpm Water cooling does not pump water, fan to 100%?

Rouven K.

Hello Community,

Since noon today when I started the PC on this day the first time all temperatures rose to 100 ° C from my CPU Motherboard and water cooling is also higher yesterday everything worked and the temperatures were between 25 ° C and 40 ° C the temperatures rise in 1 minute at 100 ° C have the Corsair and the SUPPORT where I have put the PC together all recently, I can already imagine what the answers will be why I wanted to ask you for help in the hope here to get a reasonable answer if here someone ever had such a similar problem had this problem I had a short time but after 3 reboots it went away then it was again a quarter of a year until today I have already rebooted 10 times newly installed drivers and ever restarted with temperature again rose anyway in seconds clock.

Here are the infos to the PC:

Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Prozessor

MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON Mainboard

Corsair DIMM 16GB DDR4-3000 Kit Arbeitsspeicher

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Grafikkarte

Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB Solid State Drive

be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11 1000W PC-Netzteil

Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Wasserkühlung

Windows 10 Pro

Radiator Driver: iCUE und Corsair LINK (iCUE just yesterday installed because of keyboard)

Thank you in advance!

The cooler is 1 and half year old is thats normaly?

No its not normal.. but it is with in it's Warranty period :) .. all you need is your proof of purchase (this confirms its age and that it's with in warranty period),, open a support ticket via the 'Support Ticket System' button at the top of this page..

No the fans turn up automatically and the water pump is at 0rmp

That's actually not answering the question.

The pump is connected to a motherboard fan header. This header MUST be at 100%. It's not directly related to the speed of the fans. Failure to properly power the pump is a major cause of problems with these coolers.

So ... first, before anything, go into your BIOS and set the fan header to 100%/Full Speed.

A lot of folks never set this up correctly in the first place.

And yes, not having it powered correctly can eventually lead it to die. Will it fix this issue? Not sure but it's worth having a look. If you get an RMA, though, it'll save the replacement from an early death.

That's why this is listed in the Liquid Cooler FAQ that's in my signature.

No its not normal.. but it is with in it's Warranty period :) .. all you need is your proof of purchase (this confirms its age and that it's with in warranty period),, open a support ticket via the 'Support Ticket System' button at the top of this page..

I have opening a support ticket this noon

A lot of folks never set this up correctly in the first place.

And yes, not having it powered correctly can eventually lead it to die. Will it fix this issue? Not sure but it's worth having a look. If you get an RMA, though, it'll save the replacement from an early death.

That's why this is listed in the Liquid Cooler FAQ that's in my signature.

I prefer to leave the PC now as long as I do not know what the problem is my pc has already tormented today for about 10 minutes at 100 ° C

At this point if you've been working at it for a while with the pump stopped, your coolant temperature is going to be very high and you won't have enough time to get into the BIOS to verify the pump voltage is set. Let the PC sit for several hours to give the coolant enough time to cool down, then try to get into the BIOS to verify the pump is set to 100%/Full Speed/Disabled or whatever language your motherboard uses to describe a full 12v signal.

It is likely the pump has stopped because of it's own failings, but it would be terrible to send it back because of a BIOS setting. If the BIOS thinks it is a fan and is trying to run it as such, it might not give it enough voltage to start the pump as boot/wake. This can happen if you have a hard crash and have to reset or any time you update the BIOS. You must go set the fan control parameters again. Your cooler model requires a 100% signal.

At this point if you've been working at it for a while with the pump stopped, your coolant temperature is going to be very high and you won't have enough time to get into the BIOS to verify the pump voltage is set. Let the PC sit for several hours to give the coolant enough time to cool down, then try to get into the BIOS to verify the pump is set to 100%/Full Speed/Disabled or whatever language your motherboard uses to describe a full 12v signal.

It is likely the pump has stopped because of it's own failings, but it would be terrible to send it back because of a BIOS setting. If the BIOS thinks it is a fan and is trying to run it as such, it might not give it enough voltage to start the pump as boot/wake. This can happen if you have a hard crash and have to reset or any time you update the BIOS. You must go set the fan control parameters again. Your cooler model requires a 100% signal.

Can you tell me how to get into the BIOS with MSI? And how exactly do I set that is hardly in the BIOS and know me with the BIOS is not so?

Most BIOS systems allow you entry by repeatedly hitting the delete (DEL) key on the MSI splash screen during boot. You may need to sit there and hit it repeatedly. Some motherboard manufactures also have a simple software command that will take you there from the desktop, but it is likely you don't have it installed and once you've figured it out, it's not so necessary.

The second part of your question did not translate.

Most BIOS systems allow you entry by repeatedly hitting the delete (DEL) key on the MSI splash screen during boot. You may need to sit there and hit it repeatedly. Some motherboard manufactures also have a simple software command that will take you there from the desktop, but it is likely you don't have it installed and once you've figured it out, it's not so necessary.

The second part of your question did not translate.

How can I adjust this in the BIOS is not often in the BIOS?

I had my H100i v2 mainboard cpu fan header properly powered via voltage and 100 percent speed but it still failed on me unfortunately.

Corsair Document Number: 49-001430 rev AA, which I received with my replacement unit still does not include this fan header information for some reason.

If your pump is indeed failed and you have to RMA my best advice is to immediately purchase a budget air cpu heatsink/fan cooler to get you through the rma downtime process.

Good Luck!

I had my H100i v2 mainboard cpu fan header properly powered via voltage and 100 percent speed but it still failed on me unfortunately.

It does happen, yes. But not powering the pump properly makes is significantly more likely.

Corsair Document Number: 49-001430 rev AA, which I received with my replacement unit still does not include this fan header information for some reason.

Yeah, it's not in any of the documentation. It's here on a sticky but that's it.

If your pump is indeed failed and you have to RMA my best advice is to immediately purchase a budget air cpu heatsink/fan cooler to get you through the rma downtime process.

Good Luck!

Not a bad suggestion at all. I do have air coolers as backups.

Archived