Corsair Community

What does red pulsing GPU fan gauge mean?

Fleetz

Have a ASUS 980Ti GPU and in LINK the GPU fan gauge is pulsing red all the time. What does this mean?

The GPU is running cool and the GPU fans do work OK.

Can not seem to find any reason why the gauge is flashing red all the time? The gauge indicator is fixed at zero and doesn't move.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Fleetz

Cheers Antony, it still pulses over 50C, I saw it at 56C today?

Do any programs report a none zero fan speed? I would check what AIDA64, HWiNFO and my SIV utility report.

CL should be smarter and only flash the fan in red if the RPM is zero and the PWM % is not zero. What is the PWM % range on your GPU?

attachment.php?attachmentid=23395&stc=1&d=1448187355

189943234_GPUFanSpeeds.png.684486d602c4ba6324c15d0beddf0355.png

Do any programs report a none zero fan speed? I would check what AIDA64, HWiNFO and my SIV utility report.

CL should be smarter and only flash the fan in red if the RPM is zero and the PWM % is not zero. What is the PWM % range on your GPU?

Sorry my mistake about the temps my fan on the GTX970 starts up at 60 degrees C at 2%.

Capture.PNG.fba6fa13abb839b1a8157b72995e7b76.PNG

Sorry forgot to mention this red, I think corsair link would have to identify all 9XX series NVidia cards, and if they are using the default curve for the fan profile.

Current state of CL I won't hold my breath.

Archived