Corsair Community

H80i v2 not working with Link after sleep

Wi1dCard2210

When booting my PC from a shutoff or restarting, my cooler is recognized by the Link software and the color is changed and accurate data is displayed. However, after waking my PC from sleep, the data freezes and the LED switches to white. I have the cooler's usb plugged into an internal usb 2.0 header hub. Functionality isn't impaired and my Cpu still maintains good temps, but I can't check that through Link and I can't change LED color.

what operating system are you using and have you tried exiting CL and then restarting it after resuming from sleep ?

lots of stuff didn't used to work properly when resuming from sleep which is why I haven't used sleep since I started using an ssd about 7 years ago (because who needs it when your booting from cold in under 20 seconds)

When the H80iV2 has the issue if from Windows Device Manager you disable then enable the device does it start working again?

I expect it will and that there is a bug in the H80iV2 Device Driver. I suspect it's not correctly handing power state change callbacks from Widows and advise you ask Corsair to address this via https://support.corsair.com/.

I added a work around to my own software to deal with this in July 2016, but the correct solution is for Corsair to fix the device driver that they supply.

what operating system are you using and have you tried exiting CL and then restarting it after resuming from sleep ?

lots of stuff didn't used to work properly when resuming from sleep which is why I haven't used sleep since I started using an ssd about 7 years ago (because who needs it when your booting from cold in under 20 seconds)

Yes I tried that, the LED just stays on as white the whole time (I ended Link processes in task maager in Windows 10 and then rebooted it)

When the H80iV2 has the issue if from Windows Device Manager you disable then enable the device does it start working again?

I expect it will and that there is a bug in the H80iV2 Device Driver. I suspect it's not correctly handing power state change callbacks from Widows and advise you ask Corsair to address this via https://support.corsair.com/.

I added a work around to my own software to deal with this in July 2016, but the correct solution is for Corsair to fix the device driver that they supply.

You have a workaround? if it's not too complicated would you mind sharing it with me?

You have a workaround? if it's not too complicated would you mind sharing it with me?

As I specified the work around is in my software so will not help if you are using CL4.

Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=857462 you should see I implemented this over a year ago and basically what the work around does.

As you failed to post what happened when you did the disable/enable I don't know if you have the issues my work around addresses.

Archived