Corsair Community

CSSD-F120GB3-BK Sudden death?

dallyis

Hi all

Found this site while looking for a solution to my problem, I have had a Corsair Force 120gb Part No. cssd-f120gb3-bk running Win 7 pro 64bit for the last 18 months today it died without any warning no blue screen etc.

So Far I have tried it on a number of different sata ports both with ahci or ide enabled it is not recognised in the bois.

I tried it on the spare computer this does not recognise it either.

I connected it externally on a usb sata connector and it is not recognised.

Does anyone here have any other suggestions on how I might get it recognised as it has data on it I would like to retreive.

Serial number is 12100327300008952791

thanks for looking

There are two L.E.Ds inside the SSD. One is red and the other is green while the PC is powered on. Peek inside the small gap and see if both L.E.Ds are lit.

Red = Power

Green = Connection/Link/Activity status. This will light up during POST and stay lit until the PC is turned off.

If the green L.E.D. is not lit, gently push the SATA plug up/down or try a re-plugging it and see if that helps. If the red L.E.D. is not lit, do the same for the SATA power cable.

You will need to be VERY careful as your SSD can still be replaced via warranty. Breaking the SATA connectors on the SSD will void the warranty.

When the green L.E.D. is lit. Restart your computer while holding the SATA connector down during POST (for BIOS detection), booting to Windows, then you should be able to retrieve the data on the SSD.

Thanks I will give it a try

Archived