Corsair Community

Commander Pro Fan Issue

bose789

HI, I just installed the Corsair Commander Pro. I am controlling 2 LL120 intake fans. Since installing the Commander Pro, I have left the intake on the quiet profile. For some reason, the fan RPM's keep changing. They are going from around 1100 RPM, which is very quiet, up to 1500 RPM, which is pretty loud.

Before this, I had the fans running of the MB, with default speeds. This was not happening with the MB, only since I installed the Commander Pro.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The default fan profiles on the CoPro are tied to CPU temperature with no hysteresis. I suspect you have a Skylake or higher (hint: fill out your system specs ... it's enormously helpful) and those CPUs are known for spiky temps.

You're better off with a custom fan curve, ideally based on one of the CoPro's temperature probes. This is especially true if you have liquid cooling ... but I don't know if you do since you've not filled out your system details (notice a pattern here?)

The default fan profiles on the CoPro are tied to CPU temperature with no hysteresis. I suspect you have a Skylake or higher (hint: fill out your system specs ... it's enormously helpful) and those CPUs are known for spiky temps.

You're better off with a custom fan curve, ideally based on one of the CoPro's temperature probes. This is especially true if you have liquid cooling ... but I don't know if you do since you've not filled out your system details (notice a pattern here?)

Yep, I will fill out the system specs. I am running an 8700k, with Corsair H115i cooler. I went and set a specific RPM on the fans, and that did the trick.

Thank you for your help.

Yep, I will fill out the system specs. I am running an 8700k, with Corsair H115i cooler. I went and set a specific RPM on the fans, and that did the trick.

Thank you for your help.

No problem. I would recommend that you use one of the CoPro's thermistors to control the fan speed. You'll want to monitor the temps just above the GPU and base it off of that for case fan airflow. With liquid cooling, the GPU is what's heating the system up, not the CPU. That'll also be a more stable temperature with less sudden variations.

No problem. I would recommend that you use one of the CoPro's thermistors to control the fan speed. You'll want to monitor the temps just above the GPU and base it off of that for case fan airflow. With liquid cooling, the GPU is what's heating the system up, not the CPU. That'll also be a more stable temperature with less sudden variations.

Got it. You can then set custom curves based of the thermistor?

Yes, absolutely. I think that's the coolest feature of the CoPro. Create your curve and select the temp sensor when editing the fan curve.

Sounds good, will definitely try that out. Thanks again for the help.

Archived