Corsair Community

Scroll bar malfunction/volume randomly changing

kai222

I've already done all the software troubleshooting I could to narrow the issue directly to the sound-bar causing this issue, but my sound will randomly increase/decrease in small increments as though rolling the scroll bar slowly up or down. I can't tell if it's a hardware or software problem with the keyboard. Of course I have the most recent CUE version, I've re-installed, removed it, etc to no avail.

It doesn't seem that physical interaction with the scroll bar affects the problem while it's happening, and it can be very intermittent sometimes going away completely for a month then coming back for a couple days. My only guesses from here are a crimped cable or a strange software issue.

• Corsair Employee
Have you made an attempt to soft reset the keyboard yet? Unplug it from the computer, hold the esc key. While the ESC key is still held down plug the keyboard back in and release after 15 -20 seconds. The keyboard should flash and reinitialize with the computer itself.

• 5 months later...

Got the same issue with the same keyboard.

Noticed the volume in Spotify going up and down slightly as I was gaming. Not using the scroll wheel at all.

Did the soft reset fix your issue before I go the the hassle of unplugging everything?

• 1 year later...

No, to the support staff, turning it off and back on again didn't work. Disabling the HID responsible for the function buttons on peripherals kills the scroll bar eliminating the issue, but also eliminating the functionality of a lot of buttons.

I've tried everything outside of physically dismantling the scroll bar, mostly because I run a higher risk of damage pulling that thing out to check for messed up connections/cables.