Corsair Community

HX1000i Random Reboot

popovitis

Hello,

I have the XH1000i psu and build a rig with 5 gpus and Ashrock 81 BTC v2 MB.

Initially I had some random restarts when 4 or more gpus were loaded but that was on 800 or less watt. It would happen after some time like 30 mins. I tried to remove gpus one-by-one just to see if there was a problem on a particular gpu but it seems it was not. Yesterday thing s got wors as I had this random reboot even at low loads (e.g. 200w) e.g. installing drivers and even when entering bios!!! I took all cables off and put them back but still same problem. Last night I replaced the HX1000i with TX850M and everything is working fine since then. Note that now the rig is working on around 600W with 4 gpus.

What can be the problem?

Thank you for replying. I already did open a ticket and it was approved. My question now is what happens if I ask for an express replacement (there will be a temporal charge on my credit card till they receive my PSU) but for some reason they say that the PSU I sent is working fine? Will I be debited back and they will keep my PSU or will they just send me back my PSU without crediting me back? I don't need two PSUs atm:laughing:

• 4 months later...
Thank you for replying. I already did open a ticket and it was approved. My question now is what happens if I ask for an express replacement (there will be a temporal charge on my credit card till they receive my PSU) but for some reason they say that the PSU I sent is working fine? Will I be debited back and they will keep my PSU or will they just send me back my PSU without crediting me back? I don't need two PSUs atm:laughing:

Did you get any luck,I'am having the same issue and i only have the one card.

It's so random and hard for me to replicate i'm worried the fault won't show up for them.

Archived