Corsair Community

H100i v2 USB driver

oz1sqt

My H100i v2 is not recognized in windows device manager after a windows update.

Sometimes it keeps reconnecting an it only stops when i disable "Corsair USBXp Driver" else the cooler is not recognized and is shown as a unknown device with a error.

The coolers USB is daisy chained from my commander pro, in the other plug on my MB i have a Node pro.

What to do?

By the way, there is a bug in the support ticket system - it don't work without the !optional" lot number.

I suggest that you uninstall Link, delete the driver and then reinstall. Force the re-installation of the driver after the Windows update.

It's not the first time a Windows update has borked the driver. It's likely not the last either.

Are you using any other software that connects to the cooler? You mentioned Aura for your GPU ... did they do a lighting link like EVGA (it doesn't sound like something Asus would do but I thought I should ask)? What about other monitoring tools that read the temp/fan values from the cooler (e.g. HWInfo)?

I have uninstalled all software without luck bud i had trouble when i daisy chained a node pro trough the commander i guess that it might not can deliver enough current trough the commander. So i have just ordered a internal USB hub with external power, that not is delivered by my motherboard

ASUS Prime B350M-A and a Strix RX 580 gpu if other had got problems with this setup

The CoPro USB port is powered. I've actually measured it. It does deliver the 500ma that is specified in the USB 2.0 interface.

Speaking of power ... is the fan header that the H100i V2 connected to set to full power all the time? Not doing so will cause all kinds of issues. See section B in the Liquid Cooler FAQ (linked in my signature).

I cant connect to the H100i so i can turn down the fans and the pump to silent mode. I could not find my node pro when it was connect tough the commander pro

I don't understand this response. I think we've identified that as the issue. My last suggestion was to make sure that the motherboard fan header that the pump is set to 100%/Full Power. This is absolutely critical. Please going into your BIOS to check that.

Also, please make sure that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and that the CoPro's firmware is updated.

Yes, you can. That's an Asus BIOS ... Disable Q-Fan Control.

Until you do, it's possible that the pump won't get the full 12V that it needs.

Once that's done, let's see if we can confirm that it's the CoPro ... if you a standard mini USB cable, you can plug that into the pump head and route to a rear USB port.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived