Corsair Community

Corsair VOID: Can't see infomic? What's its purpose?

Fureniku

Hello all!

I've just recently bought a Corsair VOID wireless headset. One thing I thought was cool when reading about it was the infomic - specifically, it has an LED on when the microphone is muted (I struggle with forms of anxiety so tend to be muted a lot when not with friends, so that's important to me).

However, when I'm wearing the headset, the infomic LEDs point away from me and I can't see them at all. Is that normal? If so, what's the purpose of having an LED for mute, if you can only see it when not wearing the headset anyway?

• 2 months later...

Hey,

This is a few months late, but since no one else has replied and others might be looking for an answer I thought I might as well post this.

Actually, I was googling around to figure this out myself but this is the only post I found. Even reviewers didn't mention this...

Anyways, what I found is that you can't see the mic mute LED directly in the headphones factory configuration. Instead, it shows up in your peripheral vision, like barely (and that with glasses helping with some light reflections, without glasses it's basically invisible). Try looking directly at it then point your eyes forwards...you should see a little red blink that disappears as soon as you try to focus on it.

Now, I just, literally as I was answering this post, stumbled onto a way that you can kinda bend the mic (not twist) towards your face/lips. I don't know if it was designed this way ('cause if it wasn't then WTF Corsair), but if you bend the rubber part in the center of the entire mic arm (NOT at the base) it'll hold the shape to some degree. This puts the LED in focus.

Game On,

Spirit

• 2 months later...
After adjusting the mic a bit, I am able to see the red mute LED in my peripheral vision when the mic is in front of my face. When it's pushed up, it automatically mutes itself anyway.

I'm super late to this but is the set you have the Corsair Void Wireless. (Not the Pro or anything else?) My mic does not mute itself when its pushed up. It's possible mine is just defective, but as far as I know the Corsair Void Wireless mic doesn't auto-mute when it's pushed up.

• Corsair Employee
I'm super late to this but is the set you have the Corsair Void Wireless. (Not the Pro or anything else?) My mic does not mute itself when its pushed up. It's possible mine is just defective, but as far as I know the Corsair Void Wireless mic doesn't auto-mute when it's pushed up.

It should! The Void and Void PRO wireless both have this feature, bringing the mic up fully should auto mute it for you.

Archived