Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Blue Screen Of Death

Steve88

Hi All sorry to see others having similar problems to myself.

I have had my Corsair One Pro since May 2017 supplied via Amazon UK and it has worked faultlessly until this weekend.

I now have the blue screen of death with an error code of 0xc0000185.

Having looked up this error, Microsoft informed me that I would have to boot from a bootable USB and allow windows to repair the boot partition.

So I made one from my old pc and I have been able to reach a point where I get the windows repair options.

However, nothing will work. There is no valid backup point, the repair option fails and windows boot cannot access the drive it needs as it is locked. I am assuming this is the :X drive?

I even bit the bullet and decided to accept the clean installation of Windows 10 losing all my data and this also fails due to not being able to access the drive.

I now find that every time I switch on the unit it loads straight into the Bios screen rather than accepting the USB boot. I am not sure why this is now happening.

I have not yet been able to submit a ticket as I cannot get the support system to register my due to unknown 012/010 errors whatever they are!

I would be grateful if anyone can offer any advice on fixing this error or how to go about getting this fixed professionally. I do have a gold warranty sold via Amazon UK but I think this only covers hardware.

@Steve88

If you are in Bios thre must be a place were you can clik and boot from usb save and exit

Then you should be able to boot on usb, if not u may have a faulty memory I dont know if you can by opening the side panel and take out one of the 2 rams and try to boot with only one, if that fails , switched them and try the other one, if that works then is just a ram

and ones is ok just try to boot normally if not go into recovery and look for the factory partition and reinstall everything as it came from day one

If does not accept your C drive try to install windows on D drive

Good luck I'm sure Corasair team will come to you soon

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Steve88,

That is unfortunate to hear, please file a support ticket at support.corsair.com

Once you have submitted, please PM your ticket number and Serial Number. I will forward it to our support staff.

Hi Alan

Unfortunately after 100's of tries I still can not get the support system to register me so that I could raise a ticket.

Have now discovered the problem... The SSD has failed.

Not something you would expect from a computer of this cost and spec.

My unit was dead on arrival with a faulty SSD. I went through RMA last week and have a working unit now but fingers crossed the new SSD doesn't fail after a couple of months like yours!

@Corsair, I've been using SSDs in three other computers for years and never had a failure - if this is an issue with your SSD vendor then you need to switch vendors and recommend users backup and replace their drives.

• 1 month later...

Still not able to access the support service so have given up. Just to advise I took mine to my local repair shop and they confirmed and fitted a high quality SSD. The only thing they were unable to do was recover any of my data as the disk reported as blank so it seems not only did it and the controller fail it also wiped everything at the same time.

I am now having the video stuttering issue and things like youtube are so slow on my machine. I see the bios fix may correct this issue so will give that a try when I am next at home.

Overall I am very disappointed with the system and the lack of access to the support service here. The system being provided is a premium product with premium prices and when it works it is one of the best on the market. My feeling is that a few corners have been cut where components are concerned and that is not what should be expected of this product.

Fortunately my local guys are real pros and have been able to quickly diagnose and solve my problems.

Not sure what has changed this weekend but I was able to register at for the ticket system.

The problem manifests itself as stuttering and pixelated videos and very slow loading times especially at youtube.com.

I will now create a ticket although the issue has been resolved by changing from auto to gen 2 in my bios settings

Archived