Corsair Community

Weird H115i issue

FluffMcDuff

So to start off I bought my h115i about a month ago and I had an h100i before (no real issues with it), but for some reason the h115i bypasses the max fan speed cap I have set even though the max temp I get when gaming is 43c is there any way to prevent this? I have an i7 5820k 16gb 2400 ram with a evga 980ti. Some side information is I have not had this issue since I bought it, it has only popped up recently (within the last week) and I have the fans connected to the h115i not directly to the mobo

Even with headphones those stock fans might irritate me at 50%. It's OK to keep them as low as you can. The difference in CPU temps will be minor and it seems like you are at the stock voltage if your CPU temps only hit 43C.

Check your fan settings in Link to see what variable the fan profile is "grouped with". This is the control variable. The default is supposed to be the H115i Temp Group. This is coolant temperature in the unit and normally is the preferred control variable. People often assume this should be CPU temp, change it, and then get fans that ramp up and down or otherwise behave in unexpected ways. In your case, I am wondering if the 980 Ti is heating up the case (and thus coolant as well) irrespective of CPU load. Regardless, this is the first place to look. Managing coolant temperature with a strong GPU can take some fiddling. If this is the issue, there are some alternative options for control. What is the h115i temp in these circumstances?

Positive/negative pressure stuff will not affect temperatures to a meaningful degree and this is some type of software control issue.

Which variable are the fans grouped with? A screen shot of your curve might help.

Another option would to uninstall/re-install Link, particularly if you have updated to the Creator's Update. That really did a number on all of my programs that start with boot and have their own drivers.

When I have it on quiet it will start as quiet and the fan will max and drop every couple seconds. on balanced and performance it is super super loud. One of the main instances I can point out that cause my rad to kick up for no reason is when elisande does her time reanimation on WoW in between phases. It's quiet the rest of the raid.

I don't like the fan speed variability. You have it set to coolant temp and that is a steady variable. The fans should not fluctuate like this. One possibility is a competing software control program, like AI Suite, MSI Control Center, or something similar. I do not know enough about Control Center to know how it might affect Corsair Link.

The other possibility is a problem with the actual fan controller in the unit. That would be a more serious issue and require replacement. You might want to start an official help ticket with Corsair, just to get the ball rolling if this is necessary. You need separate login credentials for that site.

Archived