Corsair Community

about CUE and laptops in general

kidlat020

tl;dr CUE interferes with the wifi of most laptops.

I have acer aspire es14, uses atheros wireless for wifi connection and it was fine, consistent connection until I installed the CUE software. I have already used pingtest (start -> run -> "ping google.com -t") both when it was installed and uninstalled and have concluded that CUE interferes with the wifi. there were Request Time Outs between replies from the pingtest.

More importantly it seems the wifi is running fine without the software, and just using generic driver for VOID.

lastly I've said this in the past, but please add support drivers for win7. my main server PC heavily relies on said platform and I can't upgrade to win 8 or let alone 10.

the hotfix truly worked like a charm. and the latest CUE works flawlessly in win7 (on my first trial).

as for the laptop, the installer I used before was (looked in the filename) CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.9.53_release.msi. using the latest version no longer interfered with the wifi.

hotfix wasn't needed in my laptop (win8).

a huge thanks for the (finally) working drivers as it should. took you guys a long time.

Archived