Corsair Community

Corsair LINK 4 V4.7.0.77 problem with Vengeance RGB DDR4

justevanus

Dear all,

first of all sorry for creating new thread, i already try to post my question in the sticky discussion thread dedicated for CL V4.7.0.77 but no one seems to monitor the thread.

I recently switch my DDR4 and CPU cooler to Corsair H100i V2 and Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB kit CMR16GX4M2A2666C16. my problem is when I install the CL 4 V4.7.0.77 it can detect my AIO and DDR4 but failed to display LED effect option for my DDR4 kit. attached i include my CL4 status page. please advise how to solve the problem

FYI im using asrock B250 gaming K4 mobo with latest bios update and already clean install my system but still the problem persist.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e1ba902d214f1d21b2e53964e1e2b92f.jpg

Seems to be a problem with the B chipset boards, I tried in a B150 but had no luck, swapped to a Z270 and worked straight away.

damn.... so i need to buy new mobo to fully enjoy the lighting effect.... :evil:

should be writing some notes in their web so every one can know...

1. damn.... so i need to buy new mobo to fully enjoy the lighting effect.... :evil:
  2. should be writing some notes in their web so every one can know...

1. No, both the DIMM Temperature reading and LED control are done via the SMBus and as the DIMM temperatures are reported the LEDs should be controllable.
  2. There must be a bug in the CL4 code, ask Corsair to fix this via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

1. No, both the DIMM Temperature reading and LED control are done via the SMBus and as the DIMM temperatures are reported the LEDs should be controllable.
  2. There must be a bug in the CL4 code, ask Corsair to fix this via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

thank you for your suggestion... i just write them.. hope they can provide the fix A.S.A.P

thank you for your suggestion... i just write them.. hope they can provide the fix A.S.A.P

I directly contacted the Corsair Link Manager and specified:

The Intel B100 + H100 + Q100 + B200 + H200 + Q200 + Z300 + AMD B350 + X370 + … series chipsets should be listed as supported. I assume they all work and if they don’t it’s a bug that should be fixed as the SMBus controller is identical to the Z100/Z200/Z300 series.

His reply confirmed all are supported, should work and he has requested that http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155646 be updated.

I directly contacted the Corsair Link Manager and specified:

The Intel B100 + H100 + Q100 + B200 + H200 + Q200 + Z300 + AMD B350 + X370 + … series chipsets should be listed as supported. I assume they all work and if they don’t it’s a bug that should be fixed as the SMBus controller is identical to the Z100/Z200/Z300 series.

His reply confirmed all are supported, should work and he has requested that http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155646 be updated.

once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and prompt support... really hope they can patch this problem A.S.A.P

once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and prompt support... really hope they can patch this problem A.S.A.P

I have just noticed http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155646 has been updated with all the changes I asked for :eeeeek:.

I have never known Corsair to issue a patch for CL4. If you are lucky CL 4.8 will do better, but I can't tell you when it may be released.

I have just noticed http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155646 has been updated with all the changes I asked for :eeeeek:.

I have never known Corsair to issue a patch for CL4. If you are lucky CL 4.8 will do better, but I can't tell you when it may be released.

then this is really suck...:mad:

write ticket like you suggest and their response are asking whether i using latest bios (non beta) and enable write SPD in bios option.

damn if i can find the write SPD option then i dont need to contact them in the first place

then this is really suck...:mad:

write ticket like you suggest and their response are asking whether i using latest bios (non beta) and enable write SPD in bios option.

damn if i can find the write SPD option then i dont need to contact them in the first place

I suspect Corsair Support need additional training as SPD Write is only needed/possible for X99 motherboards.

As CL4 directly interacts with the SMBus the BIOS is unlikely to affect things.

I could comment further if you ran my SIV utility and posted the initial screen + [ SPD ] + [ SMB Bus] panels.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30046&stc=1&d=1498642683

hope you can help me on this since i kinda lost my faith in corsair tech support.

Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30008&d=1498401270 then the LED control section is totally missing which I think means that CL4 thinks your DIMMMs are not RGB LED DIMMs.

Looking at [sMB Bus] then SIV reported the LED control devices at [ 0_58 ] + [ 0_5A ] as I expected it would, so I can see the DIMMs seem to be OK and I feel CL4 should be working.

I suspect there is a bug in the CL4 code, but as it's not my program I can't fix it and Corsair need to do this. My own view is that the CL4 developers need to directly interact with you to resolve this issues, but as far as I know this is not the view of Corsair.

I guess you had both CL4 + SIV active at the same time, did you? I suspect you must have as [sMB Bus] reported INUSE Wait 15 when it should be INUSE Wait 0. Does Menu->Hardware->DIMM Status report none zero Retry + Fail counts? It does on my test system, but that has six DIMMs and with just two DIMMs it may not or may take a long time. If you start SIV then start CL4 then it's more likely.

This is down to the CL4 (CPUID SDK 1.1.6.1) locking being faulty in CL 4.7.0.77. This should be fixed in CL 4.8 so maybe CL 4.8 will do better. Both the CL4 GUI + CL4 Service use the broken CPUID SDK, so it's possible your issue could be down to the broken locking.

You could try as follows:

1. Closedown CL4 + SIV.
  2. from an admin command window you issue the command sc start CLink4Service
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Start CL4 as usual.
  5. If the DIMM LEDs show up then this proves it's a locking issue.
  6. You could try asking Corsair for the 1.1.6.7 cpuidsdk.dll, but it's unlikely they will make it available to you.

1. With CL 4.7.0.77 the PCH/ICH SMBus interlocking is totally broken :mad:.
    1. Below you can see only five of the six DIMMs were reported and one of the names was misread.
    2. SIV also detected the ICH10 SMBus controller registers had been changed when it was holding the Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method named mutex so needed to do retries.
    3. The issue is far more likely to happen on systems with have DIMMs with MTS as other utilities (AIDA64+HWiNFO+SIV) are likely to be reading the SMBus of a regular basis.
    4. I am at a loss as to why Corsair failed to find this issue before CL 4.7.0.77 was released :confused:.
    5. As I found the same issues with CPUZ + HWM I contacted the CPUID SDK developers and worked with them to fix the bugs :sunglasse.
    6. Corsair, you need to ask for the fixed CPUID SDK and should make it available as a download :idea:.
    7. I also just noticed there two DIMMs called Temp #1 which is somewhat inappropriate.
    8. After working with the CPUID SDK developers on Tue 20-Jun-2017 I tested a 1.1.6.7 cpuidsdk.dll and using this CL 4.7.0.77 finally reported my system as it should.
    9. Corsair would be wise to ensure the next CL4 release uses the 1.1.6.7 cpuidsdk.dll or later and I have made them aware of my view.

justevanus.thumb.png.05c63912d573504d59ffff9c9b9f9523.png

Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30008&d=1498401270 then the LED control section is totally missing which I think means that CL4 thinks your DIMMMs are not RGB LED DIMMs.

Looking at [sMB Bus] then SIV reported the LED control devices at [ 0_58 ] + [ 0_5A ] as I expected it would, so I can see the DIMMs seem to be OK and I feel CL4 should be working.

I suspect there is a bug in the CL4 code, but as it's not my program I can't fix it and Corsair need to do this. My own view is that the CL4 developers need to directly interact with you to resolve this issues, but as far as I know this is not the view of Corsair.

I guess you had both CL4 + SIV active at the same time, did you? I suspect you must have as [sMB Bus] reported INUSE Wait 15 when it should be INUSE Wait 0. Does Menu->Hardware->DIMM Status report none zero Retry + Fail counts? It does on my test system, but that has six DIMMs and with just two DIMMs it may not or may take a long time. If you start SIV then start CL4 then it's more likely.

This is down to the CL4 (CPUID SDK 1.1.6.1) locking being faulty in CL 4.7.0.77. This should be fixed in CL 4.8 so maybe CL 4.8 will do better. Both the CL4 GUI + CL4 Service use the broken CPUID SDK, so it's possible your issue could be down to the broken locking.

You could try as follows:

1. Closedown CL4 + SIV.
  2. from an admin command window you issue the command sc start CLink4Service
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Start CL4 as usual.
  5. If the DIMM LEDs show up then this proves it's a locking issue.
  6. You could try asking Corsair for the 1.1.6.7 cpuidsdk.dll, but it's unlikely they will make it available to you.

already do as your instruction but still the LEDs effect option not showing up.

receive another feedback from corsair support that said they will address this problem in next CL4 update.

thank you very much for your prompt and valuable support

clink4service.thumb.png.1157ae1755bd9d8b1cff90326d746760.png

receive another feedback from corsair support that said they will address this problem in next CL4 update.

I guess all you can do is wait and see.

I just noticed the SIV voltage reporting for you motherboard needs adjusting. Please will you either post of e-mail me the SIV save files so I can easily do this, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for would I would need/like. Typically there is a SIV beta within a couple of hours that fixes this.

I keep thinking I should add Vengeance RGB LED DIMM control to SIV, but as Corsair have declined to provide me with the datasheet doing this is rather tricky. With the datasheet I suspect it would take me < 24 hours.

Archived