The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > USB Flash Drives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:45 AM

POST ID # = 613867
Konstantin Reputation: 10
Exclamation Firmware for Padlock 2 16 GB

Hi,
I have Usb flash padlock v2 16GB. Firmware version 1.0. How can I update firmware for my flash drive?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 613888
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

There is no firmware update for the Padlock 2. Are you having issues?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM

POST ID # = 613938

I have issue with my laptop Lenovo T-420 and bitlocker. When I install the security code on padlock 2 with bitlocker code for system disk I can't load operation system because my laptop don't read padlock2. If I use padlock 2 without security code or I use padlock 2 with firmware 2.x, or I use padlock 2 8GB(32GB) I don't have ussue with loading operation system. Can you help me?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 613994
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
I have issue with my laptop Lenovo T-420 and bitlocker. When I install the security code on padlock 2 with bitlocker code for system disk I can't load operation system because my laptop don't read padlock2. If I use padlock 2 without security code or I use padlock 2 with firmware 2.x, or I use padlock 2 8GB(32GB) I don't have ussue with loading operation system. Can you help me?
I am sorry but we are not clear on what you are saying here? Can you be more specific on what works and what does not?

Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 614044
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Where are you getting the information that one of your padlocks has firmware 2.x?

As for Bitlocker not working on a locked drive, that is to be expected. Think of the security code on the USB itself as a door to your house. When you unlock that door and go inside, then you turn off your security alarm - Bitlocker. You cannot physically access something inside your house without opening the door, right? Same thing here. Bitlocker is a software encryption system. If the hardware is locked, you can't access the software.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:37 AM

POST ID # = 614053

I'll try to explain otherwise. I've 2 padlock flash drive 16GB. I crypt hard drive on my laptop. I use windows bitlocker and I save file with key on padlock 2. If I install hard key on padlok 2(using buttons) my laptop doesn't see padlock 2 and correspondingly bitlocker doesn't see software key wich is in padlock 2. If I don't install hard key I haven't issue with bitlocker. Device information:
VID&PID: Vid_1b1c&Pid_1ab5
Speed: high speed

VendorID: Corsair
ProductID: Padlock v2
Product Revision: 1.00

Vendor Description: Corsair
Product Description: Padlock v2
Serial Number: 1228508010271432090F

But I've second padlock 2 other Product Revision: 2.x. I haven't got issue with my laptop and this padlock. I crypt my hard drive with bitlocker and I save key file to palock 2. I install hard key. My laptop sees padlock2 and bitlocker sees his key

Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 614063

If you have locked the USB key, but windows still sees the data on the key, then it isn't really locked.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:44 PM

POST ID # = 614093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
If you have locked the USB key, but windows still sees the data on the key, then it isn't really locked.
I don't understand you? What do you mean?

Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 614119

OK, let's try a different example.

The padlock 2 is a safe. You put something inside of it. If the safe is locked, you can't access anything inside of it, right?

You're saying that you locked the safe, but can still access information inside of it.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 615171
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

In addition, when you enable pass word protection on this drive the controller uses encryption of the data on the flash device. There may be some compatibility trying to use both means of encryption. You are not trying to encrypt the whole drive are you? If so then I would not suggest doing that. I would use something like True Crypt and just encrypt a file or folder.