Corsair Community

H50 Radiator Positioned at the bottom of the case?

DJChangsta

I was just wondering if anyone has their radiator positioned at the bottom of their case having the air go into the case.

The reason why I ask is because I don't want to have the radiator positioned at the back of the case with air intake that would conflict with the internal air flow of the case how most people have it.

I was guessing that the length of the tubing isn't long enough to reach all the way down to the bottom of the case and/or the width of the graphics card would barely leave any clearance for the tubes to get by.

If Corsair ever made a revision to this product, they could make an extended tube version that would allow people to place the radiator at the bottom which I think would benefit the cooling for the CPU and not disrupt the internal air flow.

The only other method I thought of being able to do this is to modify the bottom fan vent with a tube extension that would come up to the height parallel to the power supply unit and route the cables behind it. This would give a few more inches to be able to attach the radiator at the bottom of the case.

Does your case have a top vent with a fan? If so, you could test the H50 both ways, with it at the bottom and with the fans as intake and outtake. My guess is, your best overall setup would be with the H50 bringing in cool air as an intake, and have good case flow straight out the top via the top fan or fans.

I really wanted to mount the rad at the bottom of my Cosmos case since this is where my cold air intake is. Alas though the hoses are too short.

Ive yet to open my H50 box incase it may not fit my situation. , as Iam checking the forums for any possible mounting problems with Cosmos cases .

I have a Cosmos (1000) case , thx for the "too short" info .

Maybe I'll mount the radiator on the top then , if it will reach .... still undecided atm .

Archived