Corsair Community

H55 AIO buzzing noise

ApexPredator83

So I got the H55 as part of an upgrade pack. I installed it like it was supposed to, and it works. But it has a loud buzzing noise coming from the pump. Unplugging the pump makes the noise go away, so I know it is the pump and not the fan. It is louder than anything in the case, and it is constant. Is this normal, or is the pump defect?

Video/sound: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_w0TYafOSE[/ame]

I don't hear anything that doesn't sound like what happens when you put a microphone 3cm from a electro-mechanical device. The pump is the most likely thing to give you trouble, but I couldn't identify any of the traditional warning sounds.

You will need have to try and put it into context. If you have all your other fans turned down to the minimum, the pump is going to be the loudest thing in the case. Something always has to be and the sound of a pump is generally less pleasing than the fan noise most people are accustomed to. If the PC is 4 ft feet away and closed up and that is all you hear, then it needs to go back whether it is defective or not and this is probably not the right cooling solution for you.

One thing to check is the motherboard header (or other fan controller) needs to be set to 100% to deliver the constant 12v the pump needs. Don't let the BIOS tune it like a fan. However, usually undervolting the pump does not produce loud buzzing, just poor performance and a shorter lifespan.

• Corsair Employee

Sounds normal to me, nothing to be concern about.

One thing to check is the motherboard header (or other fan controller) needs to be set to 100% to deliver the constant 12v the pump needs. Don't let the BIOS tune it like a fan.

But I would do this personally, just to make sure your pump is running at rated spec.

• 8 months later...
My H55, it stopped working efficiently. In recent days my PC has presented several overheating (90 - 120 ° C) frames. After thoroughly investigating my software, without finding anything significant, I decided to reinstall my old cooler. The temperature dropped significantly. Does this watercooler (H55) need any maintenance, or can some kind of damage occur due to ambient temperature (40ºC)?

My H55, it stopped working efficiently. In recent days my PC has presented several overheating (90 - 120 ° C) frames. After thoroughly investigating my software, without finding anything significant, I decided to reinstall my old cooler. The temperature dropped significantly. Does this watercooler (H55) need any maintenance, or can some kind of damage occur due to ambient temperature (40ºC)?

There is no maintenance, other than perhaps an occasional dusting of your PC interior like for any component. It is an electro-mechanical device, so it can fail, but there isn't enough information to in your post to hazard a guess. If you are on the desktop with minimal load and your CPU temps is in the 50-60C range, it most likely means the coolant flow has stopped and the cooler has failed in some way. Contact Corsair directly through the ticket system link in the top menu on this page.

Archived