Corsair Community

VOID Wireless Audio Cracking/Popping

I'm getting ready to return these headphones. I'm sick and tired of them at this point. I loved them, but the past few weeks I have had these issues occur nonstop.

VOID RGB Wireless Yellowjacket 7.1

Currently, I am experiencing the following issues:

-Constant popping/cracking noise. This can be heard from any audio source. The popping is also heard without having any audio playing. It stops for a few seconds at a time, then resumes nonstop.

-Audio distortion is frequent with louder noises and higher pitches, from any audio source.

-Audio drops in and out or becomes static-y, distorts, and completely cuts out. The headset then reconnects.

Audio comes from various sources like youtube, twitch, multiple games, music on my computer (ie not streamed).

Popping does not occur when I shift or move the headphones; it is constantly and not related to motion.

I have done MULTIPLE things:

-Uninstalled and reinstalled CUE.

-Uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers on my system.

-Updated CUE (multiple times since issue began).

-Updated firmware for headset.

-Forced firmware update.

-Unpaired and repaired headset.

-Used the dongle with and without the extender.

-Switched USB ports.

-Used the headset without CUE and with CUE.

-Used the headset with 7.1 and without 7.1.

-Adjusted the settings in my computer.

-Tried multiple CUE preset settings as well as manually adjusting.

I'm pretty much beyond done with these headphones. Literally, I have researched this issue for hours now over the course of a few weeks, and this issue goes back YEARS. Why has it not been solved? Why, if it is defective headsets, are the headsets being manufactured in the same way? This isn't a one-off issue, this is THE issue it seems when it comes to the VOID wireless headsets. Why. Is. It. Not. Resolved.

Standard resolution it seems from this point is a new headset, courtesy of Corsair. Yet the replacements often have the same issue. I don't want to go down this route.

I just want a solution. I am so fed up with this issue. Audio is a HUGE part of my personal gaming experience, enough that even the tiny popping noises and distortion it's affecting my gameplay in a negative way. For example, I mistime spells or skills, because my audio cue is off. I can't enjoy music or streaming or videos either since the audio is unclear and distorts frequently.

I can't contact support at the moment, since they're gone all weekend. Lovely. :^)

i have the crackling and popping too sometimes.

And it is all and only because of the USB being switched on/off/on/off during reboots.

When i boot normal from cold it doesn't do any crackling or popping, so my thoughts are on a problem with the USB initialization sometimes switching too much and too fast which creates problems in the connection or headphone .

Every problem corsair seems to have is because of USB not because their products are bad.

Way too many BAD USB implementations.

Since using the build in powered usb 3.0 hub on my iiyama monitor the problem has lessened a lot too. underpowered usb ports because bad mobo design...(possible by overclocking which stresses the mobo power supply even more)

Edited by cplifj

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.

But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

1. Uninstall iCUE from Programs and Features and reboot.

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.

Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

2. Go to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container".

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

6. Unplug the Dongle from the Computer and Reboot.

7. Install the latest version of iCUE with the Dongle unplugged and Reboot.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.

Let me know if it worked for you too.

Happy listening.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.

But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.

Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.

Happy listening.

Thank you so much! My ears feel so much better now, couldn't believe I hadn't been using these to the full potential this whole time lol.

• 1 year later...
Hi All,

Happy listening.

Hi, I tried all these steps and it seems Windows is still installing the driver. I double checked that I have the correct setting per step 4. But when I view driver details in Device Manager it says the driver provider is Microsoft. Is there a way to manually install the Corsair driver or can it only be done via iCUE?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had this problem for a few months, been trying to fix it for many days and I finally found a solution for myself. It was not the drivers neither was it my My Void wireless but it was my router who's Wireless Signal kept interfering with the void wireless's Connection. Went into its configuration and changed its Wireless channel, changed it from a 2.4Ghz to 5GHz (Wireless mode 11n Only)

and lastly lowered my router's transmit power to 50%. Its been a few days and no problems so far. Hopefully this one works for those who have this problem.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Happy listening.

d@mn thank you... sounds so very much better. no popping or static.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

Happy listening.

yup tried that withen a week its doing it again. done with it. throwing them under a truck and buying from another company.