The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2019, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 987789
jmoore3274 Reputation: 10

Same issue here. I had a feeling it was the ICUE software causing the issue because all of my corsair RGB lighting devices would stutter, turn off then back on with the USB disconnect sound being the precursor.

I have MM800 mouse pad, H100i Plat, K65 keyboard, 280x RGB case. Q fan control is turned off for the CPU in the ASUS MB Bios.

Setting to a solid color has alleviated the problem.

Old 01-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987818
Waukeen Reputation: 10

Planning to call tomorrow, again, about this because when I called about this issue happening to:

K95 Platinum
M65 Pro
Void Pro
MM800
ST100

I will be tooling along doing whatever (gaming, watching videos, surfing net) and all of these devices will just totally lose connection to the machine and the a few seconds later they come back to life as if someone unplugged them and then plugged them back in. When this issue does happen it ONLY happens to the Corsair products I have. My X-56, external drives and 360 controller keep on working when this happens.

This issue is in no way related to Steam. This issue is one that the agent I called about this happening acted like the issue was my machine, it is not. This happened on my old build a ~month ago and a new build. So some acknowledgement from Corsair about this being, oh I don't know, A THING, would be nice. Instead we get "Corsair (insert name here" posts asking us to send them support ticket numbers. Why can't Corsair utilize the system I am sure they have in place to be able to pull up trouble tickets with people reporting the same or similar issues? Why do I call about this issue and end up being left with no bloody help and making it seem like its a hardware problem with the machine when this is clearly a software issue that has happened before and will happen again?

Reminds me of AMD and their new Vega cards when they came out, AMD drivers for these were BSODing on install and come to find out AMD was banning people and deleting threads about this issue...so I returned a Vega 64 and got a 1080Ti as it just works. Please don't turn into AMD Corsair...or Logitech (don't get me started on Logitech)

FTS

Old 01-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Lord_Mikoda's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987852
Lord_Mikoda Reputation: 10

I actually managed to fix mine. I retooled the driver and firmware and cut out some things that were checking for USB power and sync with the program. Only issue I have now is the fact iCue crashes when I change settings, but when I restart it the changed settings are still in place. So I can modify my colors and fan speeds now, it's just sad that I had to find a work around myself instead of Corsair actually fixing this. Been an issue (per reddit and this forum at least) since the Platinum series released. Come on guys.... if I can make a temp fix, surely someone that actually has programming knowledge can fix it for real.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:28 PM
nezff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987880
nezff Reputation: 10

Is there anyone with a h115i platinum that is working correctly?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Lord_Mikoda's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987957
Lord_Mikoda Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
Is there anyone with a h115i platinum that is working correctly?
I am using an H115i, but it doesn't work correctly with the official software/firmware. Corsair is apparently aware of this, but nothing has been officially released to repair it. This thread is one of many with complaints, and its been going on for quite some time with no actual fix. I assume MAYBE they are working on it? Im considering just returning mine since I still have a few more days on my amazon return. I love the cooler, but without support from corsair, its just a shiny paperweight. Probably going to just get an aurasync cooler instead. ROG ones are looking really good.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:27 PM
nezff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Mikoda View Post
I am using an H115i, but it doesn't work correctly with the official software/firmware. Corsair is apparently aware of this, but nothing has been officially released to repair it. This thread is one of many with complaints, and its been going on for quite some time with no actual fix. I assume MAYBE they are working on it? Im considering just returning mine since I still have a few more days on my amazon return. I love the cooler, but without support from corsair, its just a shiny paperweight. Probably going to just get an aurasync cooler instead. ROG ones are looking really good.
I just finished a build before Christmas with a h100i platinum. I had no idea of this thread until recently. Funny thing is, my h100i platinum is working fine all around. Lights and all. Is this a 115i problem?

Old 01-02-2019, 05:47 PM
DarkFire09's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987994
DarkFire09 Reputation: 10

Hey Guys,
My H115i Platinum RGB does the same crazy things.
I activated the log file in settings and got these :
3.10.0.20 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.
Used google and got that the Problem starts with the mainboard USB Driver.
After installing the driver from the Disk my motherboard come with, the issue is gone.
maybe give it a try.
The Windows Update starts directly installing drivers witch it found so maybe there is the issue.
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=985627
Just read the 4th Post.

greeting
Darky^^

Old 01-02-2019, 05:49 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987995
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFire09 View Post
Hey Guys,
My H115i Platinum RGB does the same crazy things.
I activated the log file in settings and got these :
3.10.0.20 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.
Used google and got that the Problem starts with the mainboard USB Driver.
After installing the driver from the Disk my motherboard come with, the issue is gone.
maybe give it a try.
The Windows Update starts directly installing drivers witch it found so maybe there is the issue.
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=985627
Just read the 4th Post.

greeting
Darky^^
Latest drivers for my board already installed. So this does not fix the root cause of the issue for me.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:52 PM
DarkFire09's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987996

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Latest drivers for my board already installed. So this does not fix the root cause of the issue for me.
For mine it worked well. Used the Disk and now it works.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:08 PM
nezff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988105

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFire09 View Post
For mine it worked well. Used the Disk and now it works.
chipset drivers from the disk? are they the same version as the website for your mobo. I know sometimes the ones on the disk are older.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:19 PM
DarkFire09's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988132

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post
chipset drivers from the disk? are they the same version as the website for your mobo. I know sometimes the ones on the disk are older.
I dont looked wich were newer or older,
I installed them and now it works nice.
Will look later wich is newer or older.
First i thouht it was the USB Header of the CoPro. Tried it to connect to the motherboard. But the problem stayed the same.
So I just reinstalled the chipset drivers and it works great.

Also what i did i disabeld the Full Software Control for my Corsair DDR4 Rams in ICue. I noticed the LEDs stock for a Second when i enabel the Software Control.

Maybe you guys have other issues. Try to activate the log file and look what it says.

edit...
An hour ago i pluged the external Optical Drive and at the same moment the H115i starts again making problems. Unplugged it and it worked again.
I think there is more a Driver/Chipset and ICue problem. If it starts making the Problems give the Restart Service Button in Icue options a try.

Last edited by DarkFire09; 01-03-2019 at 05:21 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988459
Waukeen Reputation: 10

UPDATE:

So I found an older version of the iCue software (specifically 3.1.133, you can find it on Softpedia) and since I have done this I have not had a single issue with my Corsair devices ********* themselves and while there is some very minor functionality in missing (specifically the Temperature light settings) I can deal without. This tells me the issue is with the newest (and possibly going back a version or two) software revision. What I would like to know is how the hell something like this passed Beta testing. Seems pretty wide spread and rather frequent.

Can we get an answer from a dev about how long till this might be fixed? Or how long till yall bother to address it?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:10 PM
quattromaniac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988681
quattromaniac Reputation: 10

Hmmm...
This weird.
I uninstalled iCUE and removed all the files i could find, and then re-installed it again.
Since then it have worked! Don´t know if it will last, but it have worked this whole day so far :)

EDIT: Nope, today the usb-sound started again.....

Last edited by quattromaniac; 01-08-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:14 PM

POST ID # = 989021
ahasvold Reputation: 10

I am having the same issues here. My problem is that it seems only to happen whrn i play Dirt Rally. Everytime i enter this game, and this game only my pump led starts to shimmer and it looks like it resets. Pump and fans go in a lockdown mode. Restarting service gets it back up and running but only for a short while.

This happens in no other games.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:31 PM
DarkFire09's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989135

Hey someone tried out to deactivate the USB Energy Save Options of the Windows? I mean yeah you can change the Option from balenced to High Power or somthing like this but this should not help. Try this
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-p...ng-usb-devices