Corsair Community

LL fans glitching when using CUE

mudig

The RGB fans begin to flicker and change to different colors, not at all resembling what I chose in the CUE. It works fine at first then they just start to change to multiple colors and tries to do different sequences. It also can happen at startup. I've tried reinstalling the software and it still happens. I didn't have this issue with Corsair Link. I don't have any issues with the lighting of my keyboard and mouse. It's just the fans:

mgvTP39.gif

Hope you can see it clearly from the gif I made. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Hi buddy.

It's a known issue with the current BETA release of iCue. it's being worked on... I only get it my self on startup every now and then but I have found if you give your pc a little time to sort it's self out prior to unlocking it it does so.

In case your not aware.. iCue is in the early access BETA stage... it's not finished.. but very close. stick with it. report any bugs you find :). it's good to be part of the community :)

Hi buddy.

It's a known issue with the current BETA release of iCue. it's being worked on... I only get it my self on startup every now and then but I have found if you give your pc a little time to sort it's self out prior to unlocking it it does so.

In case your not aware.. iCue is in the early access BETA stage... it's not finished.. but very close. stick with it. report any bugs you find :). it's good to be part of the community :)

When exactly are you going to fix this? It's getting ridiculous...now it's happening every time at startup. I can't remember the last time it actually worked properly.

When exactly are you going to fix this? It's getting ridiculous...

You do know I don't work for Corsair don't You?... I am just a normal user that comes on here in his own time to help out. I also happen to be on the iCue Beta Test team, which means I report any bugs I find to Corsair. I have nothing whats so ever to do with the writing of the software.. as I already said. just your average Joe man.. like your self.., a user.....

I understand your frustration and can only try to assure You these bugs are being worked on. And again advise You that iCue is still in early access Beta stages. it's not finished software so bugs are to be expected dude.

If you find you are unable to cope with the current iCue releases then maybe going back to the Link/Cue combo would be the better option for the time being?

Sorry you are having a bad time with it. you are not alone. but it is in Beta stages...

Beta

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware. Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta, where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a final "stable" release.

Beta testers are people who actively report issues of beta software. They are usually customers or representatives of prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. Beta testers tend to volunteer their services free of charge but often receive versions of the product they test.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

You do know I don't work for Corsair don't You?... I am just a normal user that comes on here in his own time to help out. I also happen to be on the iCue Beta Test team, which means I report any bugs I find to Corsair. I have nothing whats so ever to do with the writing of the software.. as I already said. just your average Joe man.. like your self.., a user.....

I understand your frustration and can only try to assure You these bugs are being worked on. And again advise You that iCue is still in early access Beta stages. it's not finished software so bugs are to be expected dude.

If you find you are unable to cope with current iCue releases then maybe going back to the Link/Cue combo would be the better option for the time being?

Sorry you are having a bad time with it. you are not alone. but it is in Beta stages...

Beta

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware. Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta, where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a final "stable" release.

Beta testers are people who actively report issues of beta software. They are usually customers or representatives of prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. Beta testers tend to volunteer their services free of charge but often receive versions of the product they test.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Yes I know what a beta is but the CUE software has been around for years now so don't try to make it seem like it's brand new or in its early stages.

First - I think you missed part of Zotty's point. Many of the folks in here - myself and Zotty included - are just normal folks, no different from you. There's no need for the kind of language that you previously used.

Second - the lighting functionality is all-new to iCue. It didn't exist in Cue. It's a completely different architecture than Link. So yeah, it's beta and Corsair is working out the kinks. If you cannot tolerate that, then go back to Link. And, even with the "legacy" Cue devices, there's still a whole lot of changes going on and a lot of new functionality. Again, it's beta.

You do know I don't work for Corsair don't You?... I am just a normal user that comes on here in his own time to help out

First - I think you missed part of Zotty's point. Many of the folks in here - myself and Zotty included - are just normal folks, no different from you.

So don't try to make it seem like it's brand new or in its early stages.

Why would I do that?... I want it to work correctly just as much as you do.

you are taking it out on the wrong person.

Yes I know what a beta is .

Beta testers are people who actively report issues of beta software. They are usually customers

• 2 weeks later...
I am experiencing the same issue right now. I uninstalled iCue and Corsair Link, afterwards I reinstalled only iCue which temporarily solved the issue. After shutting down my computer and turning it back on the next day, the same issue seems to persist. If I turn off iCue from the task manager it stops flickering and glitching out, and it reverts to its default rainbow setting. Awaiting fixes, not sure if the program is still in beta at the moment.

First - I think you missed part of Zotty's point. Many of the folks in here - myself and Zotty included - are just normal folks, no different from you. There's no need for the kind of language that you previously used.

Second - the lighting functionality is all-new to iCue. It didn't exist in Cue. It's a completely different architecture than Link. So yeah, it's beta and Corsair is working out the kinks. If you cannot tolerate that, then go back to Link. And, even with the "legacy" Cue devices, there's still a whole lot of changes going on and a lot of new functionality. Again, it's beta.

Why would I do that?... I want it to work correctly just as much as you do.

you are taking it out on the wrong person.

So what Version of link will control all the lighting functions of my LL fans?

Not one version of cue/icue works without some dramas.

I mean according to Corsair....

INTELLIGENT CONTROL, UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES

Seriously do you fan boys see anything here where it states this

a bug riddled beta coding mess ?

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/icue?gclid=CjwKCAjwr-PYBRB8EiwALtjbz0xbxekFVImAFDM7PiqyMEeV3pUo52ujrhiEUTUDHwFCPdcF4vfhOBoCu0YQAvD_BwE

Seriously Corsair if we can't get full functionality as NOW advertised from a product...... it could be time to start a petition.

Seriously do you fan boys see anything here where it states this

a bug riddled beta coding mess ?

This thread started when iCUE was clearly still in BETA. You have to look at the dates and put it into context, probably not something easy to do if your intent going in is to flame people.

You can start another thread addressing your concerns, but for the most part the purpose of the User Forums is to help people work through this stuff and to share information. There are multiple threads discussing this issue in varying detail. It's hard to offer you a specific suggestion since we don't know what other iCUE/CUE/Link hardware would be affected, but you can always put Link back in and go play Pong. The flickering is specific to iCUE 3.2 and 3.3.

fan boys

Fan boy? Let's see ... I've got a total of 11 LL Fans, 5 HD Fans and 6 ML fans current running across 3 different systems plus 4 additional RGB fans that I use for testing/demo (I do volunteer sessions at schools teaching computer stuff).

And that's not counting the non-RGB Corsair fans that I have (ML "Classic", AF, SP).

And yeah, I bought the stuff.

But much as I'd like to be a boy, at 47 years old, my boy days are far, far behind me. So ... I think "Fan Man" would be more fitting. Or, perhaps "Fan Old Fart" would be acceptable too. But I'm definitely not cool enough to be a "Fan Dude".

Archived