Corsair Community

I bought a Corsair H150i Pro, should I use CL or iCUE? What's the difference?

ViTosS

Hi, I always used Corsair Link since my H100i, H110i and now H150i Pro, but I see that there is a new software called iCUE, what's the main difference between these two? And which one should I use?

Thanks.

My advice would be to give iCue a try imho. it brings all the good parts of LINK into the CUE format. it is in early access beta stages though so there may be one or two bugs. but ultimately it's the way forward if you also have Corsair peripherals?. all controls in one place.

The short version is it makes CUE-like lighting for the keyboard available to use on the RGB fans, coolers, LED strips, and other devices. You have a much greater degree of control over the timing and patterns. If you have used a Corsair RGB keyboard, a lot of it will be familiar.

It also changes the way the information is displayed with a more modern layout. This is both good and bad and the overall package is a work in progress. Keep that in mind. If you don't like to pay attention to your computer or simply prefer a set and forget approach, early release software is probably not for you. Certainly check out the videos and take a look.

If you only have the Corsair cooler and no other RGB peripherals, I would stick to Link for now. It will be easier to manage with minimal differences in lighting or control on the H150i.

• 1 month later...

i7 8700K CPU

Hey by the way i have a small issue. i have the Corsair H115i and i was using C-link and my Temps were around 28-31C when idle/working when gaming its around 50-55C...

Now i upgraded to the iCue software and my temps are on idle/working around 36-41C and when gaming it max out around 60C.

why are my temps high now after i installed the new iCue software?

i tested this going back and forth with the Software

C-Link - 28-31C when idle/working when gaming its around 50-55C

iCUE - 36-42C when idle/working when gaming its around 60C

No Corsair Drivers installed - 28-31C when idle/working when gaming its around 50-55C

how can this be? anyone can help me?

should i stick with C-Link till they fix the iCUE?

Note the accumulation of threads complaining of high CPU usage on v.3.3.103. Supposedly fixed for 3.4.95. Check the CPU usage in the task manager. Also, that is not a huge change, so make sure your room temp didn't go up 5C on an overly warm day. As we slide into full Summer all temps are going up.

Archived