Corsair Community

Horrendously slow / intermittent Wi-Fi

Elliott

WiFi on my Corsair One Elite has been abysmal - is there any Fix for this? Out of 7 devices (including a Surface Pro 4, which are famous for terrible WiFi..) the Elite has the internet connectivity capabilities of a potato!

Please God tell me there’s a driver or a config tool that can help? I’m currently trying to download a driver, but have about 4 hours left to wait on a 92MB file - this message is being posted from my phone

overwhelmingly unimpressed with a pc of that costs the same as a small car

• Corsair Employee
WiFi on my Corsair One Elite has been abysmal - is there any Fix for this? Out of 7 devices (including a Surface Pro 4, which are famous for terrible WiFi..) the Elite has the internet connectivity capabilities of a potato!

Please God tell me there’s a driver or a config tool that can help? I’m currently trying to download a driver, but have about 4 hours left to wait on a 92MB file - this message is being posted from my phone

overwhelmingly unimpressed with a pc of that costs the same as a small car

I am no god but did you connect the antennas?

• Corsair Employee
I have - the diagnostic tool sayseverything is okay with networking and that I should be getting ~57MBPS; in reality it's around 2

Odd. Did reinstalling the WiFi driver help? It's possible that another device connected to the CORSAIR ONE could be causing the WiFi card to act erratically. Have you tried running the test with only the bare minimum plugged in? If so... maybe try different USB ports?

Well, thanks for the advice for reinstalling, but you need to be more precise wich version do we have to reinstall.

I have the same problem, intermitent, and crappy transfers between computers, max. speed about 3MBPs.

As you well know Windows 10 try to install every driver that thinks is newer.

Also if you still have installed the Corsair One live Update it said you have a newer version to install with different date as the one in the download section from you site. (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads)

So, try to reinstall is just not enough to me. Wich one? The one that windows automatically install? How?

PS: what do you mean with "try different USB ports"?

I had a similar problem with my wi-fi connection to my Corsair One. After unplugging a Firestick, that had a VPN connected, everything went back to normal.

Just wondering...after all updates ran, my wi-fi driver is version 20.5. Should I replace with the the version 20.4 driver that you (StormShadow) recommended?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
I had a similar problem with my wi-fi connection to my Corsair One. After unplugging a Firestick, that had a VPN connected, everything went back to normal.

Just wondering...after all updates ran, my wi-fi driver is version 20.5. Should I replace with the the version 20.4 driver that you (StormShadow) recommended?

Thanks!

Interesting, I didn't see ver. 20.5 on the site. You don't have to downgrade if you don't have any issue with the current one you have :biggrin:

Archived