Corsair Community

Flickering after ripple effect.

Saybershadow

Hi I just updated a bit my keyboard profile to have an ripple effect on key press and I notice the other colors flickering before and after the ripple passes them.

For example if there was a green color it will become a darker green, let the ripple past, then flicker between a darker green to the regular color for a bit, then will become the regular green color it supposed to be.

I'm no sure if it flicker between darker colors and the regular color or just between lower brightness and normal one.

I don't think it was like that before, is it normal?

Help would be appreciated.

This may be normal due to the 16.8 million colour issue.

Have you tried enabling the 16.8 million colour mode under Global settings? Does it reduce the flicker?

Disabling it reduces the flicker, but it seems to be that way for everyone pretty much, no?

Also came looking for information on the same issue. Based on the fact I never got a response on this one when I had to RMA my previous K95 and not seeing anything on the forum about intent to resolve this issue with Cue 2, an issue that was there from the beginning for old hardware. I'd hoped to actually find a solution by now.

When 2 released you guys said it would be compatible with existing tech, but to me this seems to be a compatibility issue. Functioning it is, but when paired with Cue 2 older tech appears poorly made and/or the software poorly polished with these kinds of kinks still occurring.

Also came looking for information on the same issue. Based on the fact I never got a response on this one when I had to RMA my previous K95 and not seeing anything on the forum about intent to resolve this issue with Cue 2, an issue that was there from the beginning for old hardware. I'd hoped to actually find a solution by now.

When 2 released you guys said it would be compatible with existing tech, but to me this seems to be a compatibility issue. Functioning it is, but when paired with Cue 2 older tech appears poorly made and/or the software poorly polished with these kinds of kinks still occurring.

Do you mean that you can demonstrate a profile that lacks flickering in CUE 1, and when imported into CUE 2 shows flickering? If so, please attach the CUE 1 profile to your post. Otherwise, it is a hardware issue of the keyboard, and not a compatibility issue of CUE.

• 5 weeks later...
This simple reactive typing profile I wrote the same day my pre-ordered K95 RGB arrived has never appeared to flicker for me on 3 computers or 3 keyboards. That is, it never has using CUE 1, but CUE 2 with the same hardware it was nearly as bad as the pre-programmed reactive settings in CUE 2 when seen on a K95.

Red-Blue Reactive.prf

Thanks for the upload. I tried importing it to CUE 2 to see the flickering on my K95 RGB, but only the "Red/Blue Reactive: Red/Blue Reactive" profile had G key assignments, and all three profiles had no advanced lighting, and a spiral rainbow in basic lighting.

Did you have to manually recreate the profile on CUE 2, or is there some procedure I can follow to reproduce your results to see the flicker on CUE 2? If you did manually recreate the profile on CUE 2, please attach that profile to your response.

Hopefully Corsair will be able to use the data you're sharing to run a profiler to figure out how to optimize the code path to reduce flicker back to what was in CUE 1.

I haven't been able to import that profile (or any other for that matter) directly into CUE 2 since early in the beta, I don't recall the version. Using a variety of methods to recreate the lighting profile within CUE 2 results in varying levels of flicker that normally frustrate me enough to reinstall CUE 1 within the week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been having this problem too with several colour changes. This happens in both the advanced mode and standard (though why you can't have key type ripple effects in advanced is annoying!) anyway this usually happens if I have blue with yellow effects or purple with orange. It just doesn't seem to be able to handle complimentary or split complimentary colour changes well.

Quite a bit disappointing as the keyboard wasn't cheap. I chose this one because the online reviews were good and the customisation looked cool.

I'm using CUE 2.22.38

Archived