Corsair Community

Problems with iCUE

KingTitan

Hello everybody.

I have been having a few issues with iCUE since I've installed it on my PC a few months ago. Upon initial install of the iCUE software everything works fine, the program detects all hardware just fine and i'm able to set up my lighting accordingly. However, EVERY single time I turn my computer off for the night and start it back up in the morning iCUE ALWAYS wont detect any of my RGB hardware. Its driving my crazy. Does anybody have a solution for this? I've Looked everywhere.

Currently the hardware I'm attempting to control with my iCUE are my 2x LL140 fans, 3x LL120 Fans (all five connected though Commander Pro), RGB K55 Keyboard and the RGB Harpoon mouse that came with it.

On an unrelated note.. ever since I've started (trying) to use the iCUE software, I noticed that the "ARC" lighting setting for my LL fans is different in the iCUE than the "ARC" lighting effect in the LINK4 software. In the LINK application the leds are lit all of the time, whereas in the iCUE the fans will go dark for a second before continuing the ARC effect. Is there anyway to change this in the iCUE software?

Thank you very much! Hopefully it's not too much to read!

so, I still haven’t figured out anything that will fix the problem I’ve been having but I have figured out that if once I boot my computer up in the morning and iCUE does not detect any of my devices, if I then just restart my computer iCUE will detect everything. All my profiles will still be there and everything will light up correctly.

Has anybody else ever had any problems like this?

so, I still haven’t figured out anything that will fix the problem I’ve been having but I have figured out that if once I boot my computer up in the morning and iCUE does not detect any of my devices, if I then just restart my computer iCUE will detect everything. All my profiles will still be there and everything will light up correctly.

Has anybody else ever had any problems like this?

I have not seen this but it sounds like an initialization problem. Do you have Fast Boot enabled in your BIOS? How about Fast Start in Windows? One or both of them may be the root cause.

• Corsair Employee

Hi KingTitan,

This tends to be an issue with, as stated above, some kind of initialization problem. If you set CUE to not turn on when the system boots, and instead start it yourself after the system has turned on, do you still see this issue?

We're assessing your problem as an initialization issue because of your statement that it happens on Cold Boot, but works when the computer restarts.

First off, I really appreciate you guys trying to help me solve this.

Fast Boot is currently disabled in both windows settings and my Bios and iCUE is set to start with windows (both through the task manager and the icue settings)

I had previously uninstalled all Corsair software I have a few days earlier. (LINK 4 and iCUE)

When i got home from work this evening, right away I did a clean install of iCUE. My RGB K55, RGB Harpoon mouse and the Commander Pro showed up in the detected devices, so i went a head and just set everything to a blue with the "Instant lighting" feature and saved the profile. RESTARTED my computer and everything lit up in the rainbow effect. Opened iCUE and no devices detected. The few times that I restarted my computer and everything was detected must have been a random coincidence.

After that, I uninstalled iCUE and restarted my computer. Reinstalled and everything was detected just fine. went ahead and did the same Blue instant lighting profile and saved it. Turned my computer OFF for about 15-20 minutes and booted it back up. Keyboard and mouse lit up to the default rainbow effect but my LL fans did NOT. Opened iCUE and nothing is detected.

In the past when I had my LL fans set up through the LINK4 software they worked perfectly with every boot of my computer, never had an issue.

Update:

My apologies, Calico Jack, I totally misread your reply. When I have Fast Boot disabled in both my windows settings and my bios and CUE set to not start with windows, After both a total shut down and reboot of my computer and just a regular restart CUE detects all my devices.

HOWEVER, when I only restart my computer, everything works as it should. When I do a total shut down and reboot of my computer CUE will still detect everything, BUT my LL fans will be stuck on the default rainbow effect and are flickering very fast.

Here's a tiny video of what my fans are doing. https://imgur.com/a/9zuE2pZ When they're flickering like this, if i go ahead and restart my computer, CUE detects everything just fine and the fans go back to normal. They only Flicker after a shutdown/reboot.

Edited by KingTitan

So far so good. Turning off windows 10 "fast boot" option appears to fix the issue I had with the random blinking fan lights. All of the other fixes I tried failed (uninstall/reinstall iCue, re-ordering the fans, forcing an update of the firmware etc.- all worked briefly, then failed)

I will update this post if it fails (again).

I have just bought a K70 RGB Rapid fire keyboard and I am not a massive gamer. I wanted it for my office computer and I need some help getting the correct software to download without Demos in it. I filled out as much as I could of what I know about this computer. If anyone is willing to help me, thanks so much

I have just bought a K70 RGB Rapid fire keyboard and I am not a massive gamer. I wanted it for my office computer and I need some help getting the correct software to download without Demos in it. I filled out as much as I could of what I know about this computer. If anyone is willing to help me, thanks so much

You can use either CUE 2 version 2.24.50 or the current Early Release Version of iCUE. For work, I would probably go with CUE 2. They are both very similar and all the extra new features and capabilities largely relate to fans and lighting control now operating much more like the keyboards already do. This means a minimal change from CUE 2 to iCUE and all your CUE 2 profiles will import into iCUE at a later date.

See download page here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads. You can type in K70 LUX and find your exact product listing, but there is only one version of the CUE 2 software for all devices, so take any of the 2.24.50 listings from landing page.

• 1 year later...

Since Corsair doesn’t seem to know how to fix this. I have came up with a solution that’s temporary.

1. Install icue

2. Great the headphones stop working

3. Go to settings and remove the headphones

4. Unplug the usb dongle

5. Plug in the usb dongle.

There done.

• 11 months later...
Since Corsair doesn’t seem to know how to fix this. I have came up with a solution that’s temporary.

1. Install icue

2. Great the headphones stop working

3. Go to settings and remove the headphones

4. Unplug the usb dongle

5. Plug in the usb dongle.

There done.

This is what I have been doing to fix the issue as well, and am saddened to see that it's still an ongoing issue. I am unable to reboot /restart my PC or else I have problems with ICUE not recognizing my headset, and not fully working. I then usually do the solution above and then it works fine but I would prefer to have a permanent solution, because the one above is just really tedious and unnecessary. Lately I've now been having the same problem but even going from a full shutdown to boot. So no matter if I just restart or shutdown, I'm running into the issue...