Corsair Community

Corsair 1000D RGB Build Questions

clucernoni

Hey all,

I just picked up a Corsair 1000D case and I have a few questions as I am designing my (first) custom water loop RGB build.

As far as my custom cooling loop goes, I want:

Front: 2x EK XE 480mm radiators in push/pull config

Top: Either (1 or 2)x 420mm radiator or (1 or 2)x 360mm radiator and i'm not sure what kind of fan config i want here.

Question #1:

According to this video: [ame]

[/ame] the 1000D does not fit 2x EK XE 480mm radiators up front AND a 280mm radiator up top. This person couldn't get the front most fan to fit on the top radiator and had to do a bunch of case modding to move the radiator back to get it to work (I'm not quite at the point where I am comfortable doing that).

So what actually fits in this case as far as radiators go? I definitely want the 2x EK XE 480mm radiators up front. So what are my options up top? I can't find an extra 8x120mm fan tray accessory in stock anywhere (otherwise I would just do a 2x EK CE 360mm setup up top and be done with it).

But this image here: https://i.imgur.com/blP1mNA.jpg which I found on a build log here, seems to show that 2x480mm up front and 2x480mm up top seem to fit (which I assume should hold true even if the top was a 420mm). But I don't know what thickness that top rad is. So it's getting hard to know what will fit where...

Question #2:

I like corsair fans, they are great. But I have never really known what the difference between the HD vs LL vs ML differences are when it comes to static pressure (which is what I need for the radiator setup correct?) and performance. Also, when considering RGB, I know some fans you can see the RGB from both sides, others from one side. I'm not sure which direction to go here.

Thanks all for the help!

Archived