Corsair Community

HS70 headset won't turn on after attempting firmware update

GenericAnderson

Brand new headset, was having issues getting sound from laptop, decided to update the firmware from .51 to .64. Attempted update, device disconnected from ICUE and will not turn on, was fully charged before attempting update. ICUE won't recognize the device is connected even with the use of the wired usb cable, neither will my laptop. ICUE software version is 3.7.99. If it matters the they are the HS70 SE.

• Corsair Employee

try re-pair the headset with its dongle. There's a reset button on the dongle, you will need to use a paper clip or something similar to be able to reach the button to depress it.

- With the dongle connected to the computer. Press and hold the reset button on the dongle for 5 seconds.

- Connect the headset with the usb cable then connect it to the computer.

- Press and hold the power button until the light on the dongle stay solid and stop blinking.

Hello good afternoon, almost a month ago I bought the HS70 in Amazon, they worked both connected by USB and in Wireless mode. But a few days ago they only work forcing the update and connected by USB, it can not connect in Wireless mode and the charge indicator does not light up and in iCUE the battery percentage does not appear.

Thank you very much.

A greeting.

• Corsair Employee
Hello good afternoon, almost a month ago I bought the HS70 in Amazon, they worked both connected by USB and in Wireless mode. But a few days ago they only work forcing the update and connected by USB, it can not connect in Wireless mode and the charge indicator does not light up and in iCUE the battery percentage does not appear.

Thank you very much.

A greeting.

Does this happen on another computer as well when you power on the headset?

• 3 weeks later...
Does this happen on another computer as well when you power on the headset?

I'm sorry I did not answer before, I've been busy. I've tried it and the same thing happens to me, both in a laptop with Win 8.1 and in the desktop with Win 10, (iCUE in 3.8.91 and HS70 in 0.64).

I also tried to change the USB port dongle as I read in another post. I also left them charging for 10-12h and still not charging. Only I can only use them when they are connected by USB and having to force the update. I did not buy some wireless headphones to use them always with cable.

Please give me a solution soon.

Thank you.

A greeting.

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry I did not answer before, I've been busy. I've tried it and the same thing happens to me, both in a laptop with Win 8.1 and in the desktop with Win 10, (iCUE in 3.8.91 and HS70 in 0.64).

I also tried to change the USB port dongle as I read in another post. I also left them charging for 10-12h and still not charging. Only I can only use them when they are connected by USB and having to force the update. I did not buy some wireless headphones to use them always with cable.

Please give me a solution soon.

Thank you.

A greeting.

If that's the case, I'd recommend contacting support to see if they can send you a new wireless dongle.

http://support.corsair.com

• 2 weeks later...
I have a related problem. My HS70 had been working fine for a month, but now when I hold down the power button, nothing happens. I thought it had run down the battery, so I charged it - the LED showed yellow then eventually green. But the power button still has no effect.

• Corsair Employee
I have a related problem. My HS70 had been working fine for a month, but now when I hold down the power button, nothing happens. I thought it had run down the battery, so I charged it - the LED showed yellow then eventually green. But the power button still has no effect.

Definitely put in a ticket with support about this, in case the power button is having issues.

• 1 year later...

did you solve your issue ?

i have the same exact problem

dunno what to do

please any help ?