Corsair Community

Automatic Profile Switching

AKW

Hey, hey!

On the top left of the K95 is a button that looks like a person. Click that and it will change to the next profile in your profile list.

Thanks but isn't it possible to make it automatically switch to another profile when i open a program?

yeah you just need to have icue running (I think) and it may need to be a software profile (I am not sure) but the software profiles you can bind to a program a single exe under the edit profile menu.

to get there, I think and I am not 100 on this, but it has to be a software profile, which means NOT the SD card looking profiles which indicate hardware, then you click the name of the profile and then down towards the bottom right 2/3rds or more there is a menu and the first row says link to program. Works pretty darn good.

yeah you just need to have icue running (I think) and it may need to be a software profile (I am not sure) but the software profiles you can bind to a program a single exe under the edit profile menu.

to get there, I think and I am not 100 on this, but it has to be a software profile, which means NOT the SD card looking profiles which indicate hardware, then you click the name of the profile and then down towards the bottom right 2/3rds or more there is a menu and the first row says link to program. Works pretty darn good.

It dosen't work for me :/

out of curiosity, what is the path to the program? maybe there's some type of permissions issue. Are you definitely linked directly to the final EXE? Sometimes games run other exe's (as you may know). Tracing that can actually take some effort in certain circumstances. Task manager details view should give you the name of the exe's filename

out of curiosity, what is the path to the program? maybe there's some type of permissions issue. Are you definitely linked directly to the final EXE? Sometimes games run other exe's (as you may know). Tracing that can actually take some effort in certain circumstances. Task manager details view should give you the name of the exe's filename

Sorry for the late answer!

I normally access it through a shortcut

Shortcut path: (C:)\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Photoshop.exe

But it changes to:

D:\Photoshop\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe

Mine is located at

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe

which is what is in my link profile to program option

But can you navigate to the directory and see what you see there? Is the exe actually present? If so, there's no reason why it shouldn't be running alongside it.

I am sure we can figure it out. Is there a cue folder at the left you can temporarily pop it out of? Is this a software profile and not a hardware profile?

Mine is located at

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Photoshop.exe

which is what is in my link profile to program option

But can you navigate to the directory and see what you see there? Is the exe actually present? If so, there's no reason why it shouldn't be running alongside it.

I am sure we can figure it out. Is there a cue folder at the left you can temporarily pop it out of? Is this a software profile and not a hardware profile?

The exe is present and is called D:\Photoshop\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe

but there is also the shortcut i use, so therefore i picked the exe shortcut location, however when i right click and presses properties to see the shortcut location it's still D:\Photoshop\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe navigation..

so if you make a new software profile in icue and link it to that exe, not in a cue folder, does it switch automatically when Photoshop is the active application? also drag that new profile towards the top of the list?

if that fails, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be working for you or i should say i have never had that happen on more than a few versions, operating systems and at lease 4 different PCs. Can you try it with notepad or some other application also?

so if you make a new software profile in icue and link it to that exe, not in a cue folder, does it switch automatically when Photoshop is the active application? also drag that new profile towards the top of the list?

if that fails, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be working for you or i should say i have never had that happen on more than a few versions, operating systems and at lease 4 different PCs. Can you try it with notepad or some other application also?

Alright so i tried linking my profile with a game and it works perfectly.. Their must be a problem with the exe file and i don't know what..

Archived