Corsair Community

Force GT 120 GB - BSODs, Bios disappearance

matrixbandit

Going to try to keep this short. Been experiencing multiple BSOD's daily, requiring full hard boot for bios to see the drive again. It shipped with the latest firmware, as did my bios, and I have followed all the advice I could find on the forum, so I'm not creating this thread to rehash all of that. I'm finally resorting to disabling trim. My question is this, and is really geared more for any Corsair employees reading this (though anyone with insight, please feel free to respond):

If disabling TRIM support solves this problem for me as it has for others, does that not suggest that this particular issue is not solely a hardware one, but an internal software one that could be addressed with another firmware update? Has this been acknowledged, and is this being worked on right now?

Also, I've had this drive for less than a week. I'm well within my refund/exchange period with the retail outlet I purchased it from. What success rate for resolving this problem has been reported for people simply exchanging their drive for an identical model?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm exactly on the same boat, and would like to know more!

I requested an RMA, but I am afraid this problem might continue to happen.

And I don't plan on ever disabling TRIM. If TRIM is the problem, than that should be looked into, its an important part of any SSD.

My understanding of TRIM is just that it is a writing optimization that allows for more efficient bus usage. So instead of sending an entire chunk that needs to be rewritten, the OS sends only the data that needs to change on the disk, and the disk handles rewriting the larger chunk with the updated data on its own.

Is this right, or is there more to it than that? I ask because I did a benchmark with ATTO with and without TRIM enabled and I didn't see a significant difference.

Archived