Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 USB 3.0

Degenere

I had trouble using my headset for the first time because even though I fully charged I had no sound when I turned them on. Because I refused to believe I needed to fully discharge and recharge I kept on reading and saw that changing USB ports worked for someone. I tried this and failed the first time apparently because I moved frome a USB 3.0 port to another USB 3.0 port. After switching to a USB 2.0 port it started working. I'd like to know if there is some way to fix this because the USB 3.0 ports are more conveniently located for me...

Also as a side note. I had trouble controlling the volume because the windows volume didn't control my headset volume. I fixed this by setting the headset as default playback device. Did the same for recording.

• Corsair Employee
The problem with USB 3.0 controllers is that unless you're using a Z77 (and even then, not all ports are native), you're at the mercy of the third party controller being used. Some work fine in USB 3.0 but most will have issues as USB 3.0. We include an extension cable with the Vengeance 2000 for extra convenience but if your USB 3.0 is giving you problems, its going to be a hardware issue that would need mature drivers to fix.

Archived